Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I got my car on finance and i was just wondering do i have to declare any mods to my finance company or is it just my insurance company?

thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The actual answer to that question depends on the mods.

They need to be 'removable' - if you made a permanent mod, then couldnt make the payments, they would re-posess the car, and charge you to return it to standard.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh i see.

So its best waiting to do the peformance mods until i have payed the car off or i know i can afford it?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You will obviously have to declare any mods to your insurance company and in theory you should declare your mods to the finance company but I really dont think many people do including myself.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks

About declaring mods to insurance companies. Do you declare everything including new cd players, new sub, window tints and vinyls on the side of your cars?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The only time anything will come into play with the finance company is if you voluntary terminate (VT) the car or have it re-posessed. They could charge you to turn it back to standard if they thought that the modifications de-valued the vehicle or if it was dis-tastefully done. Depends on each individual company though. Wouldn't worry too much, I know a few people that have sent the car back slightly modified (typically bodywork or alloys) and not had any problems. It's up to you to decide though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts