Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all having just had a detailed chat with Jared at DS HQ.....he confirmed that the new Mod x will NOT be available to upgrade on any handsets.... only on the pc format at first.........he didnt rule out upgrading handsets but didnt seem confident that it would be possible, as with the Strat 7 the handset is at its full memory. Shame really as i will now have to consider either buying the Dsci pc format or Stay with the Strat 7 and use the money to buy the quaife diff.

Decisions, Decisions.........

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
After buying the top handset a while ago then paying to have the x tra maps aded
ie mod b+ and mod c to it at further cost i will deffo not be changeing my handset.
so im now expected to buy the new set up then buy the new map ....mod x !!
NO THANKS i think thats a bit naughty as there must be a way to add this map to the handsets .
If that turns out to be the case then i for one wont be bothering .
also if it needs an oil cooler il defo not bother as i think the car runs hot enough on mod c with my mods .
of course its still to come from dreamscience themselfs so il just bide my time and wait for official news on the subject and to be honest i cant see them letting down the stratogem customers like that but will have to wait and see .

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have just bought a Stratagem 7 handset almost £400 id like to hope MOD X could be added.....Otherwise I'll happily stay at MOD C ......I have been reliably informed that Mod X will only require an oil cooler if used for a lot of track work....for normal use it will be fine

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 5 Feb 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Things move on and hardware becomes defunct, I have a cupboard full of useless equipment.

Indeed - my Dad has a drawer full of old mobile phones!!!

QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 5 Feb 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not realy botherd what you have in your cupboard to be honest ,if its the case ie gotta buy the new set up its wrong end off far as im concernd.
just have to wait and see wont we!!

QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 5 Feb 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im not too botherd as mod c is ok to be honest .

To reiterate Ryan, why don't you wait to see what the DS boys have to say? It could be that the size of the file means it is too big for whatever space (if there even is any space) left on the handset. I doubt very much that if it fits on the handsets, that it would only be brought out in pc format just to tick people off.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
ModX will only be available on the new platform at first, jared said that they were still working on getting it onto the older handsets and that it would take a few months after first release.
Maybe they've hit a snag?

I'm sure DS will post information soon.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Jared has already said what is going to happen with Mod X here
QUOTE(Dreamscience Flash @ 1 Feb 2010, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first question I knew it, we should have this available to download this month and all information regarding the tune, characteristics, performance etc will be offered at the same time. I can confirm we will only release ModX and Performance X on the dsci pc interface and Stratagem Ultra for the time being as the tune pack can be downloaded direct from the www.dscipowered.co.uk store. I have requested a manual load similar to Stratagem 7 to be built for the older handset customers where the devices are posted in but this will be a few months off if agreed by Adam due to time being taken up with the new RSMK2 project.

There will be a point where for ease of support, deployment and a general future proof status, all new map releases will only be compatible with dsci, or Ultra so we have quite a few customers who have already sold their older DS Stratagem on e-bay for around £350 and simply put the £75 difference towards the new dsci with the Owner member discount included. Best bet is to wait and see the reaction from the first few customers on here who download ModX and see if it is for you or not, Performance X is a re-make of the Performance+ map but with the last 3 years new discoveries added and implemented, so there is a new map at both ends of the power scale.

All the best

[email protected]

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
If there's not enough memory on the Strategem 7 to take Mod X, I'd gladly let them delete Race+, Performance+, STOC to make room. I'd expect this is possible if DS are looking at how to incorporate it onto handsets but they'd do 1 new 'Strategem X' rather than going down the route of doing everyone a custom collection of maps depending which they want to keep.

As for performance it's wait and see innit.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Latest from Jared about the map:

Mod X will make slightly more power than ModC and B+ all the way up the rev range, the fundimental difference besides higher bhp and torque is sustained power run after run and a progressive feeling during acceleration, you can literally feel the car advancing and building all the time. Having tested this map extensively it seems for track use and racing an oil cooler is needed, we have one in development, for normal road use the std cooler is just about capable. The reason for the extra heat is this map makes more power and does not pull back, ever, and is still safe. J

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
"see my last post as been edited " but yes would agree james youl need a bigger intercooler for sure .
im sure the dreamscience boys will enlighten us when the time comes but i will be dissapointed if its not possible to put this map on the handsets,even if they remove some lesser powerd maps to do so id still be happy as i never use the lower powerd maps now .

·
Registered
293 Posts
QUOTE(james-st @ 5 Feb 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would say that a big intercooler with this map is an absolute necessity to keep the turbo as cool as possible.
Ah yes its the oil cooler not intercooler.

just to let you know the intercooler doesnt keep the turbo cool as the intercooler is after the turbo it is just to lower the charge tempature and reduce heat soak

im wondering if it needs another oil coooler on top of the standard one that much mean its runnign so much hotter... and not backing off ... i dont knw why but i can imagine a few more cracked liners but i wait to see before i upgrade

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.