Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I eventually got round to fitted a decat this afternoon, and the noise is just mental

I have the strategem Duo, decat, mongoose, K&n Panel filter. Can I venture into the mod tunes now or will i not see any difference. Im currently flicking between race and DSci.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(chrisd @ 21 Jan 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I eventually got round to fitted a decat this afternoon, and the noise is just mental

I have the strategem Duo, decat, mongoose, K&n Panel filter. Can I venture into the mod tunes now or will i not see any difference. Im currently flicking between race and DSci.

I think you would be ok with modc... however... i think it was designed for use with the intercooler and downpipe.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Ryan @ 21 Jan 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd treat the car to a larger intercooler first matey

Will it be ok without the downpipe. ?? I wouldnt have thought the restriction in the down pipe would be as much as in the Cat ??

I have just been out again for 15 mins and the pickup and noise with the decat has got me smiling all over again.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Orange Man @ 21 Jan 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was standing in the garden and heard you leave your street

Was that not concorde, although you might not have noticed the difference
The guy over the Road is like Victor Meldrew. He complains all the time about the his neighbours Impreza STI.
I figure hes not going to be talking to me for a while
Seriously though, I dont thinks its very loud when driving normally, its just when the turbo comes on boost...............

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
to get the full benefits of the "mod" maps you will need the apropriate mods to go with the map that dreamscience made these tunes for as for example a panel filter will not flow as much a a CAIS sytem so your restricting the performance before you start ,and not haveing down pipe and full sytem will restrict the hot gases leaving the turbo and engine and may lead to the engine running hotter aswell as your turbo .
in this cold weather you may get away with no intercooler for a short while but will deffo need one once it gets warmer.
personaly i done my maps as i got mods done on the car so as to get the full benefits and keep the engine temps down as best as i could .
but am glad your enjoying yourself ,its a good buzz isnt it .

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 21 Jan 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>to get the full benefits of the "mod" maps you will need the apropriate mods to go with the map that dreamscience made these tunes for as for example a panel filter will not flow as much a a CAIS sytem so your restricting the performance before you start ,and not haveing down pipe and full sytem will restrict the hot gases leaving the turbo and engine and may lead to the engine running hotter aswell as your turbo .
in this cold weather you may get away with no intercooler for a short while but will deffo need one once it gets warmer.
personaly i done my maps as i got mods done on the car so as to get the full benefits and keep the engine temps down as best as i could .
but am glad your enjoying yourself ,its a good buzz isnt it .

To be honest, the car is more than quick enough for me in the current state. Like all things when tuning is involved, you just get greedy
I would like a bit more induction noise, so may opt for a DSCi induction kit in the near future.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
have to agree ,when tunning is involved it never stops .
back in 2003 i bought another brand new suzuki gsxr 1000 i went through 3 engines in 18 months as id had nitrous put on them in the quest for more speed and aceleration .
so for me it never stopped ,and youd think that at 44 years young id of stoped all this
wouldnt you
!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts