Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so when a car is running standard ic, cias and exhaust we have 5 maps

the smoothest most powerful is dsci, but if one wants a 'quick around town car'...they may choose race+ for the low down torque

so which of the mod maps is the equivelant of race+?

who has tried them all?

can anyone explain the differences?

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 29 Jan 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok, so when a car is running standard ic, cias and exhaust we have 5 maps

the smoothest most powerful is dsci, but if one wants a 'quick around town car'...they may choose race+ for the low down torque

so which of the mod maps is the equivelant of race+?

who has tried them all?

can anyone explain the differences?

Havent got ModC or B+ but when i tested the Mod maps i found ModA to be similer to Race+ and ModB to be more like Race! Im still using Dsci though as i found it the best map for my driving style! I shall be re-evaluating ModA and ModB though as soon as the weather improves as i now have the Quaife fitted!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 29 Jan 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Havent got ModC or B+ but when i tested the Mod maps i found ModA to be similer to Race+ and ModB to be more like Race! Im still using Dsci though as i found it the best map for my driving style! I shall be re-evaluating ModA and ModB though as soon as the weather improves as i now have the Quaife fitted!

Mod B and Mod B+ deliver the power quite hard lower down the rev range whereas Mod C seems to build it up more gradually. I'd say Mod C is like DSCI on steroids lol

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 29 Jan 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i never tried modA or race when i had the strat ultraonly used perf+ race+ and dscii found.... perf+ boring (to be expected for an economical map)race+ died too earlydsci was awesomei like modC but tbh i do short journeys around town and am looking for less top end torque....as long as it doesnt die like race+QUOTE(troy45 @ 29 Jan 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mod B and Mod B+ deliver the power quite hard lower down the rev range whereas Mod C seems to build it up more gradually. I'd say Mod C is like DSCI on steroids loldoes modB+ die off like race+?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hi mate, I fitted Mod -c about a week ago and I can live with it on a day to day basis no problem, the torque from about 1800rpm onwards is immense right through till the shift light tells you to change up, the first 25% of the throttle is just as normal when pottering around town but when you ask a little more of the engine it responds very quickly, and the colour drains from your cheeks and the big smile appears on your face, and the phrase HOLY
seems to be the most used part of your vocabulary, believe me mate get this map, awesome is not a word I use lightly, on a run to Glasgow shopping, I averaged 34mpg, what else do you need?????

PS I'm thinking about getting a Mod-C tattoo(only kiddin')

jim

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I've tried them all at some point.

Modb, very powerful and brutal.
ModB+ , even more brutal especially up the rev range.
ModC, splendid map, more refined in its delivery , very very smooth, on a run 34mpg as well! But when you want the power it delivers it in a big way.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What mods should you have on to run dsci map ive only ever ran with race+ but get wheel spin all the way upto 4th gear is dsci a smoother map? does it deliver the power better? what is the diference between to the two

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What mods should you have on to run dsci map ive only ever ran with race+ but get wheel spin all the way upto 4th gear is dsci a smoother map? does it deliver the power better? what is the diference between to the two

You don't require any mods with DSCI map according to dreamscience, I believe it isn't as viscious as Race+,more progressive power,not the off or on of race plus.

jim

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What mods should you have on to run dsci map ive only ever ran with race+ but get wheel spin all the way upto 4th gear is dsci a smoother map? does it deliver the power better? what is the diference between to the two

no mods , some mods or fully modded DSCI will be ok.

DSCI really comes in at about 4000 rpm but does not run out of puff like race+.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Mod B+ power delivery comes in alittle later in the rev range tha Mod C but does not run out at higher revs. Alittle more suited to the open road whereas Mod C is better along country roads when instant throttle response and boost is plentyful.

Am running mod B+ at the moment but find that when running around in a certain gear at fairly low revs and then wanting a quick burst to say overtake rather quickly it is better to drop a gear or two and accelerate whereas Mod C you can just plant the boot !!

Mod C back on for the runs out again this year !!!!!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Strange Rik, mine feels the opposite
- Mod B+ comes in early I'd say whilst Mod C takes some time to build up. Am running Mod C at the moment cos it's easier to get traction on slippy roads

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
On the rolling road day i tried both. Had been running Mod C since i got the Ultra. When i swapped to mod b+ it would boost early on then tail off abit then boost hard and wheelspin when the boost came in higher up in the revs than mod c. Feels like you have to work the gearbox alittle more but equally as quick. Think mod c better around the back roads and mod b+ on open roads and motorways.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have just tried MOD B+ and it is awesome......better than DSCI map pulls harder but traction can be an issue.

I find it boosts a little later than DSCI but midrange and top end is far stronger

As Im running standard downpipe and CAT BUT running GGR Induction kit and Big Airtec I/C Mod B+ is fantastic!! I cant see Mod C being that much more.... the car has to be 300 bhp rolling roading it in March at Llandow.

will run B+ for a week then try Mod C even though I dont have the Race Cat or 3" downpipe it certainly has not hampered Mod B+......I didnt think DSCI map could be beaten I was wrong

Actually thinking about it I dont think I want it any faster so I can save my money dont think i'll go for race Cat and downpipe LOL

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(Ginno78 @ 1 Feb 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have just tried MOD B+ and it is awesome......better than DSCI map pulls harder but traction can be an issue.

I find it boosts a little later than DSCI but midrange and top end is far stronger

As Im running standard downpipe and CAT BUT running GGR Induction kit and Big Airtec I/C Mod B+ is fantastic!! I cant see Mod C being that much more.... the car has to be 300 bhp rolling roading it in March at Llandow.

will run B+ for a week then try Mod C even though I dont have the Race Cat or 3" downpipe it certainly has not hampered Mod B+......I didnt think DSCI map could be beaten I was wrong

Actually thinking about it I dont think I want it any faster so I can save my money dont think i'll go for race Cat and downpipe LOL

That's what everyone says

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(Ginno78 @ 1 Feb 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have just tried MOD B+ and it is awesome......better than DSCI map pulls harder but traction can be an issue.

Dont think you'll make 300bhp with the standard cat mate

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.