Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not a bad initial write up from Autocar:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/focus-st/first-drives/ford-focus-st-2019-review

Starting to warm a bit to it now. Though still struggling with the front end styling!

It will all come down to how it drives on UK roads. With me at the help at some point. No way would I order one without a decent test drive. And of course ... the deal that can be done.

PS. Though they need to edit the article, as they are showing a starting price of £22,685. At this, I'd definitely have one :)

·
Registered
2021 Mercedes AMG CLA 35 Premium
2,034 Posts
PS. Though they need to edit the article, as they are showing a starting price of £22,685. At this, I'd definitely have one :)
I would too at that price.....no hesitation. :D

I noticed the Autocar reviewer saying they would spend an additional £800 over the £31995 purchase price for the performance pack, but they have made a mistake there because the performance pack on the petrol model only costs £250 - it is an additional £800 for the diesel model only.

·
Registered
2021 Mercedes AMG CLA 35 Premium
2,034 Posts
Slightly lukewarm video review from Autoexpress:
That reviewers presenting style reminds me very much of Quentin Wilson......he sounds almost identical in the way he delivers sentences for the camera.

I checked to see if he is actually Quentin's son......but he's not. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
That reviewers presenting style reminds me very much of Quentin Wilson......he sounds almost identical in the way he delivers sentences for the camera.
I checked to see if he is actually Quentin's son......but he's not. :D
Ha, indeed, just like him

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,144 Posts
Couple of Twitter relpies to Ford's ST announcement:

Don't buy a Ford automatic - the gearboxes have known faults, court cases going on all around the world.

I hope the ST isnt as plastic as the ST Line. Really cheap build quality you dont realise until you've owned one for a month. Creaking plastic everywhere.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Couple of Twitter relpies to Ford's ST announcement:

Don't buy a Ford automatic - the gearboxes have known faults, court cases going on all around the world.

I hope the ST isnt as plastic as the ST Line. Really cheap build quality you dont realise until you've owned one for a month. Creaking plastic everywhere.
Ah but which auto box?

Current Focus line uses a dual clutch arrangement (think DSG???) but the ST will (when they finally launch it) have a seven speed torque converter box.

Gather it's in use already but someone can tell us what in please....

My interest - would like the estate but with auto box (getting lazy in my old age and if I want manual grunt I take the TVR out!!!)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought the carwow review was the best and most honest. Could have been better if done in Uk but as good as could be expected out there. The car was a little disappointing maybe slightly boring. Especially its slight reluctance to rev. That is essential in a hot hatch. A nearly new RS seems a far better bet and will depreciate far far less.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts