Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Mk4 Orders

151K views 2K replies 162 participants last post by  Joel 81 
#1 ·
We know from previous experience that this will become a key topic of conversation so I've raised (and pinned) this thread to contain all discussion on actual orders and delivery progress (or lack thereof :lol: )

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Traded my 2016 Nitrous Blue RS in for it. Was surprised at the total cost of the ST. Certainly puts the next RS into the £40k bracket.
That's a bit of a backward step trading a current RS for a new model ST.

I'm not sure if Ford could get away with charging £40k for a standard edition Mk.4 RS because it would put it into a serious premium competition bracket with Audi and Mercedes.....but only time will tell. :)

#8 ·
I suspect there are a few nervous MK3 RS owners thinking they are driving potential financial time bombs .
I was rather thinking the opposite although the best course of action is affected by how long you plan to keep the car.

With the ST so expensive there is all the more temptation to buy a used RS instead so I'd expect demand to increase.

I know which one will depreciate fastest as this is exactly the situation I faced when I bought my (Mk2) RS.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
The new(petrol) ST is only £770 cheaper than the starting price of the outgoing RS model.
There is only one trim spec at the moment for the Mk.4, so just for comparison what was the last price of the Mk.3 ST3?
The December 2012 price of an ST3 was £25495, which was only a few months after launch.
No dealer discounts were available at launch......I know this because I enquired about one and bought a new Zetec S 182 instead.

#18 ·
When I bought my MK3.5 ST3 in 2016 with every option on it apart from heated steering wheel the price was £28K
I just looked at a June 2016 price list and added up all the available options for an ST3(excluding BLIS because not sure if included in Driver Assistance Pack) and the price came to £28925.

This price does not include paint which would range from free up to £795.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
I believe Ford have priced the new ST simply too high....but only time will tell if this affects sales.

It is £445 more expensive than the much more powerful class leader Civic Type R....although in terms of trim spec it is the GT model it needs to be directly compared with which retails at £33550. Regardless it is just too expensive for what it is.

I think dealers will need to be prepared to discount to £30k at the very least, which IMO is where Ford should have priced it in the first place.

I said in the past that I might consider coming back to a Mk.4 Focus ST at some point, but I just couldn't justify paying the money Ford are asking.....not when there are better cars from the likes of Audi and Mercedes for only a few grand more.

Like I already said though....it will come down to discounts. :)

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
is the 'continuously controlled damping' option only available on the hatchback and not on the estate models (based on existing brochures?).
According to the price list CCD is standard on the ST and optional on the Vignale, but in all cases 5 door only....so not available on the estate.

#26 ·
My local dealer is offering me £31k (€35K - Belgium) for a 2.3L petrol, minus performance pack and panoramic sunroof...
Does this mean every option except performance pack and panoramic sunroof?

I don't know what the difference is in Fords retail pricing in Belgium compared with the UK, but £31k in the UK would still be too much money for this car IMO.