Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1364 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
No he didn’t know and the dealers are pretty much in the dark. I must say my dealer has been brilliant since I placed my order nearly 2 years ago. He keeps me informed but ultimately they can only show you the updates they receive which is limited.
Fair enough not had that from mine multiple emails and calls left unanswered it's been frustrating from both sides I even said in one email a simple email saying no updates once a month or a courtesy call would have been fine it's industry wide the supplier constraints and issues and multiple friends who have orders through different brand have had this. Wow 2 years that's ridiculous like somebody mentioned previously they have models around why haven't we been offered one of these and why have people who seemingly ordered after us have theirs (I can only assume it's a cancellation of somebody else order that legacy is older than ours)

· Registered
64 Posts
Fair enough not had that from mine multiple emails and calls left unanswered it's been frustrating from both sides I even said in one email a simple email saying no updates once a month or a courtesy call would have been fine it's industry wide the supplier constraints and issues and multiple friends who have orders through different brand have had this. Wow 2 years that's ridiculous like somebody mentioned previously they have models around why haven't we been offered one of these and why have people who seemingly ordered after us have theirs (I can only assume it's a cancellation of somebody else order that legacy is older than ours)
I imagine some will be cancellations. Whilst I ordered a Mk4 in Jan 20 the order wasn’t changed to the facelift until Jan 21 so it’s been a bit frustrating seeing people take delivery before me but I’ve never been in a rush for a new car as my Mk3.5 estate is going strong. Also with the winter months now, I wouldn’t be too bothered if it doesn’t arrive until spring!

· Registered
200 Posts
Sadly I think the dealers know little more than the customer.

My dealer was brilliant, doing his best to keep us interested and up to date with any info they received.
He told me they had little idea when transporters were due to turn up and if they did, had no idea what was arriving until they saw the cars unloaded. He knew when my car was in the UK but that was the first concrete info we had.

The Drivers Assistance Pack which I believe contains the signpost recognition feature was standard on the mk4 I ordered back in Jul 2021. If that was the case for everyone else that ordered a mk4 and took the price match / spec match upgrade to a mk 4.5, then there are a lot of Drivers Assistance Pack's to fit I guess. That could be why there is a hold up.

· Registered
13 Posts
Surely the dealer is honouring the price that the car was at when you placed the order?
Yes the price will be honoured as per original deal need the list price upon registration to stay under £40k otherwise will end up paying the premium car/road tax rate around £550 per year instead of the £160-165 per year it is currently.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Yes the price will be honoured as per original deal need the list price upon registration to stay under £40k otherwise will end up paying the premium car/road tax rate around £550 per year instead of the £160-165 per year it is currently.
Yea mine is a fraction under £40k on the configurator but the list price (VED MRRP) is a fraction under £39k so hopefully be ok considering Ford has done 2 price increases since beginning of October but you never know.

· Registered
90 Posts
according to the gov website,

"To ensure those who can afford the most expensive cars make a fair contribution, a supplement of £310 will be applied to the SR of cars with a list price (not including VED) over £40,000, for the first 5 years in which a SR is paid."

It's a bit much really. 40k might have seemed appropriate when they set it up in 2017, but it should be advancing along with inflation which would put it at around £47k today.

edit: I was reading an older page - it's £355 a year extra now, for 6 years. Youch.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Now my car has been gate released I’ve committed and signed the paperwork. Hopefully be in it by Xmas but with all the delays I’m not holding my breath. Be good to be back in a ST. Longest car I’ve ever owned my Mk3. Still can’t get over the price of cars nowadays but everything has gone up a lot. I paid 35k for a new mustang GT back in 2018. How times have changed.

· Registered
28 Posts
I was under the impression the it’s the price on the order form at time of registration so it doesn’t really matter if the price has gone up since you ordered.

· Registered
28 Posts
My dealer believed the hold ups were due to the driver assistance pack. Not sure how true that is but mine has been offline since September
Interesting. My build has been offline since 23/11 with the dealer telling me it’s amongst a small number of UK bound vehicles waiting for parts.

I added the driver assistance pack also so there may be some truth in what you’re being told.

For what it’s worth the spec of my car is
  • 5 Door Hatch - Manual
  • Mean Green Metallic Paint
  • Performance Pack
  • Driver Assist Pack
  • Parking Pack
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • Blind Spot Information System

· Registered
14 Posts
I was under the impression the it’s the price on the order form at time of registration so it doesn’t really matter if the price has gone up since you ordered.
The price on the order form is what will be paid, but that isn't taken into consideration when working out the VED. It's the VED of the RRP of the vehicle at time of registration. If it's over 40k, regardless of what you pay on paper, you pay the enhanced rate.

· Registered
64 Posts
Interesting. My build has been offline since 23/11 with the dealer telling me it’s amongst a small number of UK bound vehicles waiting for parts.

I added the driver assistance pack also so there may be some truth in what you’re being told.

For what it’s worth the spec of my car is
  • 5 Door Hatch - Manual
  • Mean Green Metallic Paint
  • Performance Pack
  • Driver Assist Pack
  • Parking Pack
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • Blind Spot Information System
I didn’t spec BLIS or parking pack with mine but other options the same

· Registered
379 Posts
Ah well I’m screwed…
Trouble is it’s not just the extra money for 6 years it’s also a big put off when it comes to selling, I doubt many are going to even consider buying it when there are hundreds of mk4’s that don’t attract the rip off tax uplift. It’s psychological as much as anything. I got the dealer to discount the difference over and above the deal on one of mine yet still feels **** when you tax. Personally I would drop that roof.

Does anyone know if the cars are 2023 spec yet and what the 2023 spec is? Guessing most or all delivered up to now will be 22 spec especially as they have likely been standing around. There’s always some changes for a model year?

· Registered
28 Posts
Trouble is it’s not just the extra money for 6 years it’s also a big put off when it comes to selling, I doubt many are going to even consider buying it when there are hundreds of mk4’s that don’t attract the rip off tax uplift. It’s psychological as much as anything. I got the dealer to discount the difference over and above the deal on one of mine yet still feels **** when you tax. Personally I would drop that roof.

Does anyone know if the cars are 2023 spec yet and what the 2023 spec is? Guessing most or all delivered up to now will be 22 spec especially as they have likely been standing around. There’s always some changes for a model year?
Can't really drop the roof now that it's built...

Mine is showing as a 2023 car but I don't think there has been any changes.

1281 - 1300 of 1364 Posts