Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1364 Posts

· Registered
379 Posts
If you'd like to demonstrate how I have then I will happily apologise as this was not my intent. There is always a resistance to change from older Mk owners, we had the same thing with the Mk3. Difference is they say that they prefer their Mk over another, not that people should go buy something else. I've said my piece and I hope this will be an end to this particular discussion, just please remember that nobody likes the car they chose to be rubbished by somebody else and told such and such is a much better choice - as is clear from the number of posts from other members on the subject.

As to where was I then - probably working, as this is a volunteer position, as well as letting things play out before I stepped in.
Just read your post.

Your post almost did what all posts like yours do, that is to raise a frenzy of attacks or ganging up, always happens, very surprised as a super moderator you chose that route. And guess it's your opinion of "rubbished" I do not rubbish my own car, I wouldn't have bought it if I thought that. I have already said what I like and dislike so no point doing it again. This one is still outside after 2.5 years so that says a lot for it, I don't normally keep them that long and could have sold it for more than I paid for it last xmas. I reiterate I am often the only one speaking out against the attacks this car has suffered on this site since the day it was released and 99% of the time no comments like yours were forthcoming. It was the same when I had my MK3, I didn't bother coming on, but read a none stop stream of abuse towards the MK3 then by usually the same people who almost never got scorched by people like yourself. Maybe pick and choose who?

This has drifted well off topic and expected ALB to step, quite rightly. Sorry Alb.

· Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,481 Posts
Just read your post.

Your post almost did what all posts like yours do, that is to raise a frenzy of attacks or ganging up, always happens, very surprised as a super moderator you chose that route. And guess it's your opinion of "rubbished" I do not rubbish my own car, I wouldn't have bought it if I thought that. I have already said what I like and dislike so no point doing it again. This one is still outside after 2.5 years so that says a lot for it, I don't normally keep them that long and could have sold it for more than I paid for it last xmas. I reiterate I am often the only one speaking out against the attacks this car has suffered on this site since the day it was released and 99% of the time no comments like yours were forthcoming. It was the same when I had my MK3, I didn't bother coming on, but read a none stop stream of abuse towards the MK3 then by usually the same people who almost never got scorched by people like yourself. Maybe pick and choose who?

This has drifted well off topic and expected ALB to step, quite rightly. Sorry Alb.
I didn't choose any route, I was doing my job and attempting to prevent something that was starting to upset people. If other members chose to support what I said then that was of their own volition. As I said I am not here all of the time, I do have a job and a life, this position is voluntary and I do what I can. If you see something where you think a moderator should step in then you are free to report it to bring it to our attention.

· Registered
379 Posts
Type R starts at £47k.
Wow, if thats the case I wait no longer, it's ruled out. All the press were expecting sub £40k and going by the US price that what it should have been. I know they have thrown everything at it and was maybe being naive thinking, they wouldn't hike it up a lot. It is worth considerably more than a focus ST (in my opinion) but not £10k more, I agree. They are just milking as much as they can out of the few remaining enthusiasts. But, it could be a mistake not getting one, I have a feeling they are not going to depreciate much if at all, so maybe not....

· Registered
379 Posts
I really like the Leon, especially it's looks and style, always have. Then again had a couple. Now that the Type R seems as though it's going to be mega expensive for a hot hatch, that leaves 2 competitors standing out for me, the BMW 128T (getting closer to nudging that one) or that Cupra! If they were manual, I wouldn't hesitate to choose one next, that's another thing I really like about my MK4's the excellent manual box, I have an auto out there and sold my F80 M3 DCT. I always find them boring, although that couldn't be said for the M3 really, as auto's go it was a cracker.

Amazingly, just had my supplying Ford dealer asking if i'm interested in a green ST or Mustang they have offers on, asked for prices so let's see what they come up with. The PCP rates are poor now making them even more expensive.

· Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,481 Posts
Can we keep this on topic please - the thread was set up for Mk4 orders and for help on that. You're all welcome to have a discussion on the pros and cons of other cars (in a subjective and non-derrogatory fashion) but maybe start a new thread for it please?

• Helpful
Reactions: Alb

· Registered
383 Posts
If you'd like to demonstrate how I have then I will happily apologise as this was not my intent. There is always a resistance to change from older Mk owners, we had the same thing with the Mk3. Difference is they say that they prefer their Mk over another, not that people should go buy something else. I've said my piece and I hope this will be an end to this particular discussion, just please remember that nobody likes the car they chose to be rubbished by somebody else and told such and such is a much better choice - as is clear from the number of posts from other members on the subject.

As to where was I then - probably working, as this is a volunteer position, as well as letting things play out before I stepped in.

I bought a Mk2 ST2 (my first ever brand new car) on 22nd July 2006, I've just (19th november) replaced it with MK4.5 - absolutely love it, and haven't even given it the beans yet as I'm running it in very carefully - as I did with the Mk2.

· Registered
551 Posts
A week into ownership and 200 or so miles later I have to say I love this car. Still treating it with a little respect cos its brand new and the roads around here are slippery as hell but its bringing a smile to my face everytime I get in. I've owned all the ST's and also a MK3 RS for 4 years and this car is up there - the tech in it is fantastic - the HUD, the handling is all what I expected and more. The ride is taking some getting used to as I've been out a Focus since April 2021 but its £35k well spent IMO and the best I am gonna get for that price that ticks my boxes - even the seats impress me more than I thought. Only mod I plan to do to the car is a Scorpion GPF back exhaust and I'll leave it at that cos I think the exhaust note is perhaps the only thing that needs a slight improvement. Not even sure I feel the need to remap it cos I like the power as it is. Only car I think could tempt me out of it would be a new RS but I'm guessing (although its never gonna happen) you would be looking at £50k for one so I'm more than happy to sit in the ST for a few years!

· Registered
379 Posts
A week into ownership and 200 or so miles later I have to say I love this car. Still treating it with a little respect cos its brand new and the roads around here are slippery as hell but its bringing a smile to my face everytime I get in. I've owned all the ST's and also a MK3 RS for 4 years and this car is up there - the tech in it is fantastic - the HUD, the handling is all what I expected and more. The ride is taking some getting used to as I've been out a Focus since April 2021 but its £35k well spent IMO and the best I am gonna get for that price that ticks my boxes - even the seats impress me more than I thought. Only mod I plan to do to the car is a Scorpion GPF back exhaust and I'll leave it at that cos I think the exhaust note is perhaps the only thing that needs a slight improvement. Not even sure I feel the need to remap it cos I like the power as it is. Only car I think could tempt me out of it would be a new RS but I'm guessing (although its never gonna happen) you would be looking at £50k for one so I'm more than happy to sit in the ST for a few years!
Excellent, nobody can really question that they are a good drive. The ride to me is tolerable but firm, that’s why they handle well. I have 18” wheels to improve mine when I feel like it. I would seriously consider the DS 95, it’s just rounds the power off nicely and once you install it it’s hard to go back to standard. That’s the only mod I would do, the exhaust is perfectly fine as is. Mods like that put most people off when you sell it,when looking for RS’s or ST’s I instantly look for any exhaust and intake mods, if any found, I walk away. I have the ds air filter although I have recently read that manufactures are not happy about them because if they drip oil, and they do, it can damage the intake sensors. So thinking about putting the standard filter back in. Although I only have 7 month’s warranty left and it’s paid for.

· Registered
13 Posts
Those who are still waiting with build showing assembly offline wondering if it's waiting on a specific chipset for an extra. Mine has perf pack,hud,dap, blindspot mine went into build 12 sept showing assembly offline delay reason :EV order last June (2021) and still waiting hopefully this month will get it, + fingers crossed no more price rises as now £20 of the £40k tax bracket(list).

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Mine was gate released yesterday. Sat assembly offline since around the 23rd November I think. No idea why mine has gone through. It only went into build 11th November. It’s an estate though. I did hear issues with sync 4 screen availability but I don’t know for sure. Just going to work out a price for my part ex now it’s been gate released.

· Registered
90 Posts
.................. It’s an estate though. I did hear issues with sync 4 screen availability ..........................
Personally I think the estate is the Dogs, but that's a minority opinion in the UK :) In Germany I think I see more estates than hatches.

Earlier in the year I heard that the big screen was from a Ukranian supplier, and they were working to re-source elsewhere. Read elsewhere there have been some reliability issues with the screens too, not sure if that's connected.

· Registered
64 Posts
Those who are still waiting with build showing assembly offline wondering if it's waiting on a specific chipset for an extra. Mine has perf pack,hud,dap, blindspot mine went into build 12 sept showing assembly offline delay reason :EV order last June (2021) and still waiting hopefully this month will get it, + fingers crossed no more price rises as now £20 of the £40k tax bracket(list).
My dealer believed the hold ups were due to the driver assistance pack. Not sure how true that is but mine has been offline since September

· Registered
13 Posts
I notice there's been another price hike on the Ford website - the rrp on my spec has gone up from £39455 to £40325...what the hell is going on?
Ford announced price rises a few weeks ago that's why mine is now so close to the higher tax bracket it's getting beyond a joke mine retail when ordered was £4k-£5k cheaper glad didn't add the parking pack as was on the fence as to get it or not.

· Registered
90 Posts
🤞 It gets registered before they announce another price rice 18 months since ordering and zero updates from ford it's like they don't care about customer relations any more
That's not entirely fair - everything is going up. I've been involved in discussions with suppliers where they are losing money due to increasing energy and material costs. There's only around 6% margin on Ford European market products so it's inevitable that cost increases are going to be passed on.

· Registered
13 Posts
That's not entirely fair - everything is going up. I've been involved in discussions with suppliers where they are losing money due to increasing energy and material costs. There's only around 6% margin on Ford European market products so it's inevitable that cost increases are going to be passed on.
And that means they can't inform customers what's goin on? I'm fully aware of the situation within the industry it's the lack of communication I'm talking about(from ford and the dealer).And again 18months since placing my order still not seeing any update as to when I will receive it.

· Registered
90 Posts
And that means they can't inform customers what's goin on? I'm fully aware of the situation within the industry it's the lack of communication I'm talking about(from ford and the dealer).And again 18months since placing my order still not seeing any update as to when I will receive it.
Fair point about the communication, that is terrible.

· Registered
64 Posts
Did they give any indication as to when parts would be available sounds like we could be in the same boat?
No he didn’t know and the dealers are pretty much in the dark. I must say my dealer has been brilliant since I placed my order nearly 2 years ago. He keeps me informed but ultimately they can only show you the updates they receive which is limited.

1261 - 1280 of 1364 Posts