Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1364 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Ordered mine when the order banks reopened in October. Went into build on the 11th nov. (A week earlier than scheduled) Sat after being painted till the 21st for some reason. (Guessing parts issue) As of the 22nd assembly offline so just waiting for it to be gate released. Not checked since Thursday. Mines an estate if that makes any difference.
So I ordered Mine January 2022 -- was due for production in April / May - Eventually went into production September 14th - and has been sat in " Assembly Offline " since start of October, Not sure im every gonna get it at this rate :(

· Registered
379 Posts
So I ordered Mine January 2022 -- was due for production in April / May - Eventually went into production September 14th - and has been sat in " Assembly Offline " since start of October, Not sure im every gonna get it at this rate :(
There are 23 brand new ones available through dealers ? Surely suitable cars are among those for people . Not a chance I wound wait more than a few weeks for a Focus, they’re just not good enough to me to go through that. I would buy something else like a used or new 128ti or mk7.5 GTi performance or Golf R, S3 or Leon Cupra ! All arguably built markedly better out of better materials and excellent cars. In hind sight I wish I had done that anyway, one mk 4 was probably enough. I do like the 2.3 engine it’s one of the best Ford has ever had (thanks Mazda!) and as long as they don’t mess up head gaskets probably one of the most reliable. So is the EA888 though, now it’s refined into it’s current state.

· Registered
28 Posts
There are 23 brand new ones available through dealers ? Surely suitable cars are among those for people . Not a chance I wound wait more than a few weeks for a Focus, they’re just not good enough to me to go through that. I would buy something else like a used or new 128ti or mk7.5 GTi performance or Golf R, S3 or Leon Cupra ! All arguably built markedly better out of better materials and excellent cars. In hind sight I wish I had done that anyway, one mk 4 was probably enough. I do like the 2.3 engine it’s one of the best Ford has ever had (thanks Mazda!) and as long as they don’t mess up head gaskets probably one of the most reliable. So is the EA888 though, now it’s refined into it’s current state.
Sorry but I have had enough of reading your incessant rambling on about how every other car out there is better than the Mk4 Focus. Yes it's not the best and yes its maybe not the best value for money out there but who cares - well other than you... Don't like it, wish you'd bought something else? Jog on, do it.

· Registered
90 Posts
Mines an estate if that makes any difference. [/QUOTE said:
Well done, not enough estates in the UK in my opinion. Better practicality, look better (IMHO) and no CCD. Ordering an estate shouldn't hurt your lead time, they are probably more popular in Germany so are not put at the back of the queue

· Premium Member
Alan St500
3,281 Posts
Sorry but I have had enough of reading your incessant rambling on about how every other car out there is better than the Mk4 Focus. Yes it's not the best and yes its maybe not the best value for money out there but who cares - well other than you... Don't like it, wish you'd bought something else? Jog on, do it.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,481 Posts
@Pitsparky

I still actually maintain the the Focus ST is the best bang for your buck in it's class. Yes it may not be perfect and it may lend itself to the normal Ford issues, but I've had 3 Mk3s over 5 years and I didn't have a whiff of a problem with any of them and many miles of enjoyable motoring. I have OCPD and I spent many hours debating my choice over other marques and models.

I understand that people may be of a different opinion to this and have every right to their own thoughts but please - this IS a Focus ST forum. You're doing yourself absolutely no favours by posting negativity about that car on here - members of these forums have made their choice based on their own opinions, which they are also entitled to, and coming on here (a) telling them that they're wrong and (b) telling them their car is rubbish is always going to be inflammatory. You've made your opinions quite clear over several threads, now if you can't make helpful posts then I think we'd all rather you didn't post anything at all.

· Registered
379 Posts
@Pitsparky

I still actually maintain the the Focus ST is the best bang for your buck in it's class. Yes it may not be perfect and it may lend itself to the normal Ford issues, but I've had 3 Mk3s over 5 years and I didn't have a whiff of a problem with any of them and many miles of enjoyable motoring. I have OCPD and I spent many hours debating my choice over other marques and models.

I understand that people may be of a different opinion to this and have every right to their own thoughts but please - this IS a Focus ST forum. You're doing yourself absolutely no favours by posting negativity about that car on here - members of these forums have made their choice based on their own opinions, which they are also entitled to, and coming on here (a) telling them that they're wrong and (b) telling them their car is rubbish is always going to be inflammatory. You've made your opinions quite clear over several threads, now if you can't make helpful posts then I think we'd all rather you didn't post anything at all.
ohh yehh! I have had numerous ST ‘s and still have one! And I ACTUALLY own one, so if insulting anyone that includes myself!! I will say how I see it without bias, it’s just an opinion, it’s a forum isn’t it? Didn’t know there was a rule on only posting positives, very 😢 since when is it ok for you to hurl personal insults?

· Registered
379 Posts
I think a lot of people care, thats maybe why they are selling very few. I own one and have done for 5 years constantly, a MK3 and 2 MK4’s and a couple of MK1’s earlier. Sorry if I don’t just quote positives.

· Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,481 Posts
ohh yehh! I have had numerous ST ‘s and still have one! I will say how I see it without bias, didn’t know there was a rule on only posting positives, very 😢 since when is it ok for you to hurl personal insults?
I don't believe I have 'hurled' any personal insults. I'm simply saying that these forums are here for members to help each other with useful information and other owners really don't want to be told that their car is rubbish and they should buy something else. Everyone, including you, have the right to their own opinions and choices and it is my belief that they also have the right not to have their car 'rubbished'. Continually slating the Ford brand and in particular the Focus ST is not helpful on here and I don't believe it to be very respectful, which goes against both the ethos and the terms and conditions of this site.

· Registered
7 Posts
I think a lot of people care, thats maybe why they are selling very few. I own one and have done for 5 years constantly, a MK3 and 2 MK4’s and a couple of MK1’s earlier. Sorry if I don’t just quote positives.
I can honestly say my new facelift mk4 is brilliant and for the price I paid with all the tech and the engine etc it is great value for money, no rattles or any other issues.

· Registered
64 Posts
I’ve also pointed out on many occasion that this is the thread for Mk4 orders. It’s supposed to help those are are waiting for an order to share their experiences. Therefore the people who are interested in this thread are those that have made the decision to order one and whilst the wait is painstakingly long, we are looking forward to finally getting our hands on them. Not everyone will have a positive view on the car, that’s fine but at least post the negativity on a thread that is more suited. Im fed up of reading posts saying people can’t believe you would spend your money on such a bad car and I find it odd reading that on a forum dedicated to the car. Madness.

· Registered
32 Posts
I can honestly say my new facelift mk4 is brilliant and for the price I paid with all the tech and the engine etc it is great value for money, no rattles or any other issues.
Likewise. I shopped across all the competitors and the Ford has the most options available (at the fairest price). If you want a fully kitted out car, the ST is the way to go. The engine is super interesting because its not a 2.0, its loud and the torque is fantastic. The smoothest car I've ever driven. Its not uncomfortable at all, and the suspension is perfectly balanced IMO. Backseat space is class leading. Driving dynamics are the, if not the best. Ford also does the best colours (I do miss a blue for the MK4.5) as well. I'm sure you can add a lot more positives as well.

I'd criticise the ST in two aspects. No customisable driving mode. And the interior could use some more hot hatch touches, such as plaques, ST symbols, carpeting etc.

If you look at the competitors the ST has a lot in favour of the others:
i30N - Focus has better tech and better ride quality
Megane RS - Focus has an LSD
GTI - Less hot-hatch and less fun to drive
Type R - Good luck getting one and far more expensive

· Registered
379 Posts
I don't believe I have 'hurled' any personal insults. I'm simply saying that these forums are here for members to help each other with useful information and other owners really don't want to be told that their car is rubbish and they should buy something else. Everyone, including you, have the right to their own opinions and choices and it is my belief that they also have the right not to have their car 'rubbished'. Continually slating the Ford brand and in particular the Focus ST is not helpful on here and I don't believe it to be very respectful, which goes against both the ethos and the terms and conditions of this site.
I believed you have.

Funny really. On many many occasions the mk4 has been relentlessly slammed on this forum by older mk owners etc, one recently from a guy who as good as said it was the worst car if it’s type ever. I, like with a number of other unjustified attacks totally disagreed on the specific criticisms and replied as such, I was the only one that did, where were you then? I have defended the (and)my mk4’s regularly. I am not keen on the fl simply for its interior and a few external downgrades which is disappointing for me. But that’s just me. The rest of the car is still a great package with a engine second to NONE. if only the price was right. It is at least £4k over priced probably a bit more and that making it uncompetitive, that’s just my opinion. But I don’t think Ford care, the car is finished in any case.

· Registered
7 Posts
Likewise. I shopped across all the competitors and the Ford has the most options available (at the fairest price). If you want a fully kitted out car, the ST is the way to go. The engine is super interesting because its not a 2.0, its loud and the torque is fantastic. The smoothest car I've ever driven. Its not uncomfortable at all, and the suspension is perfectly balanced IMO. Backseat space is class leading. Driving dynamics are the, if not the best. Ford also does the best colours (I do miss a blue for the MK4.5) as well. I'm sure you can add a lot more positives as well.

I'd criticise the ST in two aspects. No customisable driving mode. And the interior could use some more hot hatch touches, such as plaques, ST symbols, carpeting etc.

yes agree. not sure at all the Type R is worth another £10k more, i've had a an amg45s+ plus and imo certainly not worth £20k more and that was full of rattles

· Registered
379 Posts

I agree with pretty much all you say but competitors match the spec near enough i30N, Leon Cupra? But none have a better engine. It’s a very smooth, refined and actually extremely quiet engine, what we’re hearing is the false engine sound through the speakers, and as much as it’s illegal to criticise, I hate that more than anything. In fact it is the only thing I really do hate about the MK4 ST.

· Registered
32 Posts
I agree with pretty much all you say but competitors match the spec near enough i30N, Leon Cupra? But none have a better engine. It’s a very smooth, refined and actually extremely quiet engine, what we’re hearing is the false engine sound through the speakers, and as much as it’s illegal to criticise, I hate that more than anything. In fact it is the only thing I really do hate about the MK4 ST.
With the i30N if you get the sports pack you get the awesome seats but no back up camera in Poland at least. You don't have blind spot monitoring (which I love a lot) and other safety tech either. I didn't mention the Cupra since I just hate the way it looks, I hate the badge design and the cooper accents. Because its such a subjective thing, I can't comment on it since I have a strong bias against it.

The exhaust is good! Not even discussing the speakers, but reversing into my garage spot my car sounds amazing with the windows down. It is genuinely a good sounding engine and exhaust that Ford have fitted onto it (but not the prettiest, should've done more than just steel exhaust).

I know this car will develop rattles over time (what Ford doesn't) but its really not a big deal for me. Happened in my regular MK4 Focus, it'll happen the same again here. I'm sure all the other hot hatches over time will also develop rattles, or some other electronic issues.

· Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,481 Posts
I believed you have.

Funny really. On many many occasions the mk4 has been relentlessly slammed on this forum by older mk owners etc, one recently from a guy who as good as said it was the worst car if it’s type ever. I, like with a number of other unjustified attacks totally disagreed on the specific criticisms and replied as such, I was the only one that did, where were you then? I have defended the (and)my mk4’s regularly. I am not keen on the fl simply for its interior and a few external downgrades which is disappointing for me. But that’s just me. The rest of the car is still a great package with a engine second to NONE. if only the price was right. It is at least £4k over priced probably a bit more and that making it uncompetitive, that’s just my opinion. But I don’t think Ford care, the car is finished in any case.
If you'd like to demonstrate how I have then I will happily apologise as this was not my intent. There is always a resistance to change from older Mk owners, we had the same thing with the Mk3. Difference is they say that they prefer their Mk over another, not that people should go buy something else. I've said my piece and I hope this will be an end to this particular discussion, just please remember that nobody likes the car they chose to be rubbished by somebody else and told such and such is a much better choice - as is clear from the number of posts from other members on the subject.

As to where was I then - probably working, as this is a volunteer position, as well as letting things play out before I stepped in.

1241 - 1260 of 1364 Posts