Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1292 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,444 Posts
Oh, guess I am just not excited to that level by things like that anymore, had a lot of bikes and cars cannot touch the rush you get from those, my M3 is the nearest but still well short . My F80 M3 averaged 30 mpg with 450hp over 4k mikes from new.
Which is kinda the point I'm making.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been told by the dealer that they will be receiving my car during the week ending 12th November - let's hope it's not another 'false dawn'.
Question I'd like to ask is - what sort of mileage would I expect to see on the odometer on collection?
It's 16 years, 4 months since I took delivery of my current car (Mk2 ST2), and I can't remember what the mileage was on it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thats good to hear - you wernt tempted by the DS330 map? My mate Tezza has that map on his Focus ST Edtion and says its fantastic. I have to say I've been looking at maps and cant decide on one yet!
I know what you mean, but for me on this mk4 I’m definitely going down the Dreamscience route.

I’ve had countless remaps on brand new and secondhand RS/ST’s over the years Revo, Superchips, Mountune, TRS and Dream-science etc etc and every car that’s had a DS map has always been the best for me.

And from what I’ve been hearing and seeing with regards to the DS MK4 remap nothing seems to have changed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Also on a side note after owning mine for a week now one thing I actually love which I never thought to much about if I’m honest is the sound WOW

I totally agree with some of the previous comments with regards to the sound, even on startup or at low revs this things hums and has a beautiful tone to it, it’s probably the best sounding Ford I’ve owned, also why anyone would need a new exhaust on one of these is beyond me as they sound perfect and Ford have the sound spot on in my opinion.

These cars out of the box seem brilliant but if you was going to do anything I’d say maybe a remap for that extra punch but that aside I’d leave them alone, but again that’s just my view or I’m getting old🙂

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been told by the dealer that they will be receiving my car during the week ending 12th November - let's hope it's not another 'false dawn'.
Question I'd like to ask is - what sort of mileage would I expect to see on the odometer on collection?
It's 16 years, 4 months since I took delivery of my current car (Mk2 ST2), and I can't remember what the mileage was on it.
Mine had 8 miles on it although I guess it depends whether it's transported straight to your dealer or if your dealer has multiple garages and it's delivered elsewhere then driven to your garage. I think that happened with a pre reg I brought from the same garage in 2014.

That had 38 miles on the clock and I think it had been driven down from the dealers Ford Store which was about 30 miles away.

I could be wrong but the ST I collected last month had 8 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I know what you mean, but for me on this mk4 I’m definitely going down the Dreamscience route.

I’ve had countless remaps on brand new and secondhand RS/ST’s over the years Revo, Superchips, Mountune, TRS and Dream-science etc etc and every car that’s had a DS map has always been the best for me.

And from what I’ve been hearing and seeing with regards to the DS MK4 remap nothing seems to have changed.
http://instagr.am/p/Ce1i35xIQ0U/

·
Registered
321 Posts
Also on a side note after owning mine for a week now one thing I actually love which I never thought to much about if I’m honest is the sound WOW

I totally agree with some of the previous comments with regards to the sound, even on startup or at low revs this things hums and has a beautiful tone to it, it’s probably the best sounding Ford I’ve owned, also why anyone would need a new exhaust on one of these is beyond me as they sound perfect and Ford have the sound spot on in my opinion.

These cars out of the box seem brilliant but if you was going to do anything I’d say maybe a remap for that extra punch but that aside I’d leave them alone, but again that’s just my view or I’m getting old🙂
It’s just a crying shame that Ford chose to ruin it with the hideously awful gruff false engine sound through the speakers. By far the worst thing about the mk4, it’s not evenly remotely an acceptable racket.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If it hasn’t been used for test runs or transfers between premises no more than 10 miles.

And the first thing you need to do is check the tyre pressures, I take a gauge with me and do it before I drive away. Letting air out every time. My Mk 4’s were over 40psi, supposed to be 35 !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the differences are (if any) between ‘sport’ and ‘track’ modes, apart from the esc being turned off and gear change indicator lights.
The ride gets unusably hard and the steering heavier. Its utterly pointless on public roads. Driving fast enough to warrant turning off all of the traction and stability controls on a road open to all of the other idiots who inhabit them is plain stupidity. Plus you’ll lose your fillings!

·
Registered
59 Posts
People in Ford think they know best, but really any review you read says the same, leave it in normal unless you actually are at a track. Luckily for me the wagon doesn't have CCD so I can use any setting and get the same ride. Probably a good advantage for the track pack too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sport mode is pretty fun and I don't think its that firm either (I am young and the roads that I drive on aren't that bad) but yeah I avoid track mode like the plague on streets. Not confident enough in my driving skills to drive without esc :ROFLMAO:

1181 - 1200 of 1292 Posts