1101 - 1120 of 1268 Posts

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
3,095 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear some are still having problems getting their cars.

After ordering 15 months ago, I finally collected this bad boy today.

Fair play to my dealer who has been on this journey with me.
View attachment 908810
View attachment 908811
That looks absolutely stunning with the glass roof! Glad I went with both the green and roof on mine. Not sure when mine is due but any longer and I'll run out of Mountune parts to buy for it 🤣

Congratulations @Hitchin_Brian!

·
Registered
53 Posts
We are really pleased with it. It really is stunning and a head turner.

I'm glad we didn't get the orange colour we originally ordered.
Looks absolutely stunning. Same spec I have gone for and likewise I changed the order over from Orange Fury, which I was initially disappointed about but looking at this, not any more. My build date was the 5th Sept but it’s still not released from factory. Hopefully not much longer 🤞

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks @Rossdh91 @TSP79 Hope your cars come soon.

I must admit I nearly cancelled the order back in January when I was offered the upgrade to a mk 4.5. I didn't think my wife would go for green. We had seen it on the Puma and didn't like it.
She watched a promo video of the 4.5 in green and decided she liked it so we went with it. I was a little disappointed that I didn't go for the mk 4 Edition but you couldn't have the pan sunroof as they were all made prior to going on sale. The Azure Blue was always our first choice of colour. My wife has a Puma in desert island blue and it's a great colour but you can only have it on the other focus models, not the ST. I'm not a fan of Performance Blue.

I am so pleased we waited for the mk 4.5. The new interior looks great, the colour is fantastic and car feels superb, not that I've gone over 2500 revs yet. I want to run it in a bit before opening it up even though I'm told you don't have to run a car in these days. I'll give the engine 500 miles easing in first.

When we agreed to change our order the dealer told us they would price match and spec match what we had signed up for in July 2021 and they were true to their word. I have to say my dealer has been excellent and worked really had to keep us. We do have a long relationship with them and this is my third focus from them.

I've even found a use for the most unlikely to use item - The Ski Hatch.

I went to tend my parents graves today which is a 50 mile round trip. Previously in my mk 3.5 I had to drop the smaller back seat to be able to get any long handled garden tools in. Not now, just drop the centre arm rest on the back seats and push the plastic ski hatch plate through which allows me to put long handled tools in the boot. Sorted :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
how are you guys getting on with having to use the touchscreen instead of having buttons and knobs ?
Coming from a mk 3.5 I already had a sync touchscreen although not as sophisticated as this one.

Trying to play music from Apple Music on my phone via Android Auto has been a challenge. Playing off a USB stick or from my phone via Bluetooth has been fine.
Not spent much time working out the climate control or SatNav yet. Had a quick play with SatNav yesterday at the garage, seems very minimal compared to the SatNav I had on the 3.5. Couldn't find the nice menu screens I had on the 3.5

There are a few buttons below the screen and yes, it's a case of playing and getting used to it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Apparently it was gate released as complete build. Dealership says he emailed someone there and it's a nightmare now, so many cars coming through the whole system it's now grid locked.
Mmmm, doesn’t make sense. There is normally a massively higher amount of cars constantly going through!! No problems then, so why now with a mere fraction of the previous production levels. Sounds like bull&&&. Gate released just means it’s been “let out” to the next stage. They are storing cars awaiting this and that part and module. Bloke at Dacia told me they sent theirs to uk where they awaited alternative modules or got customers to accept a function or two less. It will be down to priorities who gets next available parts. Probably factory orders being already “bagged” not necessarily at the top.

1101 - 1120 of 1268 Posts