Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm about the same... I'm about to speak with the dealer about what can be done. With the new price increase now also and the fact that my car hasn't progressed to build, the price I got quoted will be honoured however the RRP will have gone up and I suspect I will now be shafted with the new tax bracket....:poop:
That was actually the first question I asked when the delays hit earlier in the spring - my car with specced options came in at £35k with 0% being offered when I placed the order and signed the paperwork. Dealer told me as long as I had signed at the agreed price and 0% then it would be honoured. Mine goes into build Sept 30 so I'm in the same position as you in that area. By rights your dealer should honour the price you signed up at seeing as the delays were not your fault.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That was actually the first question I asked when the delays hit earlier in the spring - my car with specced options came in at £35k with 0% being offered when I placed the order and signed the paperwork. Dealer told me as long as I had signed at the agreed price and 0% then it would be honoured.
See, the issue I have is I have never actually been to the dealer. All my correspondence has been done remotely, phone calls and emails but I know they are sound, used them many times in the past. But,it means I have signed nothing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
See, the issue I have is I have never actually been to the dealer. All my correspondence has been done remotely, phone calls and emails but I know they are sound, used them many times in the past. But,it means I have signed nothing.
You would have had to have signed for it though? Even if they emailed you the document to send back?

·
Registered
98 Posts
After 9 years of owning a mk3 ST in spirit blue finally took delivery of the mean green mk4.5!
Nice one.

My dealer called me on Tuesday to say my Mean Green mk4.5 is now in the UK.
Should be with the dealer over the next two weeks but having been on this journey since July 2021I'll believe it when I finally see it in the flesh ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice one.

My dealer called me on Tuesday to say my Mean Green mk4.5 is now in the UK.
Should be with the dealer over the next two weeks but having been on this journey since July 2021I'll believe it when I finally see it in the flesh ;)
Nice and fingers crossed mate, mine has been sitting in Belgium for 3 weeks now😪😪

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice and fingers crossed mate, mine has been sitting in Belgium for 3 weeks now😪😪
Hope you get sorted soon.

A new car is supposed to be a joyous thing. This hasn't been a particularly enjoyable journey although no fault of my dealer who has done his best under difficult circumstances.

I will be pleased when this saga comes to an end.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thats what I would have assumed...order form is confirmation of order, spec and chosen deposit/finance...its your agreement to purchase the car.
I spoke to the dealer regarding adding the Track Pack and asked about signing the order form. He said he could send me it over if I really wanted to however he did confirm everything over the phone and promised the price he quoted me in July will be the price I pay - which is good because it will be pre price increase and also evade the £40k tax bracket. I have no reason to suspect anything as this is how it was when I remote ordered my Fiesta ST in 2018 and I just signed everything on collection day. They are a relatively small, family run garage so I think they do things a little differently.

In regards to adding the Track Pack, it couldn't be done as my spec is now locked in which is great news as it looks as if it's moving to build in the next week or so! In away I'm glad I couldn't add it as on further thoughts I think for what I use the car for, the adaptive dampers in the Performance Pack plus the Mountune lowering springs I have waiting here (along with pretty much the entire Mountune catalogue🤪) will be a better suit and I also spec'd the Pan Roof which is something I would have lost with the Track Pack and I would have preferred not to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spoke to the dealer regarding adding the Track Pack and asked about signing the order form. He said he could send me it over if I really wanted to however he did confirm everything over the phone and promised the price he quoted me in July will be the price I pay - which is good because it will be pre price increase and also evade the £40k tax bracket. I have no reason to suspect anything as this is how it was when I remote ordered my Fiesta ST in 2018 and I just signed everything on collection day. They are a relatively small, family run garage so I think they do things a little differently.

In regards to adding the Track Pack, it couldn't be done as my spec is now locked in which is great news as it looks as if it's moving to build in the next week or so! In away I'm glad I couldn't add it as on further thoughts I think for what I use the car for, the adaptive dampers in the Performance Pack plus the Mountune lowering springs I have waiting here (along with pretty much the entire Mountune catalogue🤪) will be a better suit and I also spec'd the Pan Roof which is something I would have lost with the Track Pack and I would have preferred not to.
what do you mean by the track pack? Do you mean the ST Edition KW coilovers?

1061 - 1080 of 1096 Posts