Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The LCD dash didn’t change for facelift it arrived in mid 2020 along with the headlight washer system being removed at the same time. A number of items that were standard became extras or much more expensive on the FL but cannot remember what these were and maybe the odd item no longer available at all. The proper fog lights have now gone but the most controversial apart from the seats is the removal of the really nice climate and infotainment controls in the FL.
Ah okay thank you.Those controversial things you mention are actually the things I like about it 😅

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,623 Posts
The LCD dash didn’t change for facelift it arrived in mid 2020 along with the headlight washer system being removed at the same time. A number of items that were standard became extras or much more expensive on the FL but cannot remember what these were and maybe the odd item no longer available at all. The proper fog lights have now gone but the most controversial apart from the seats is the removal of the really nice climate and infotainment controls in the FL.
Headlamp washers were probably removed as they were not mandatory to be fitted as they were with the HID kits which give light output of over 2000 lumens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had an email back from the dealer I usually us. I'd asked if they'd had any information as to when the order books would open up again but there's nothing solid at this time. They did say though, that they have two on order from way back that were for stock that they can tweak to match what I'd be looking for so I've just gone for it. No idea on an exact build date but will hopefully be a bit quicker than putting in a fresh order!

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,509 Posts
There aren’t that many options for the ST though tbf. When I ordered my Mk4 in 2019 I expected a 6 month lead time on a factory order and one was already built and in stock at the Dagenham compound to my spec. I don’t think it’s too big a deal that they’ve done this. It makes sense especially if they stock popular configurations.

·
Registered
270 Posts
"Due to production issues, however, the automaker now has to stop accepting custom orders for both the Focus and Fiesta."

Not an issue with them really. Should be like it was, you had the choice of Pop (2 or 3 door cheapo) L, GL/XL, GLS/GXL/E/Ghia, S/GT/ and no options were available, there wasn’t anything you could add to a GXL or Ghia in any case. It’s become a complete rip off. Even almost every colour is an extra.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just had an update from my dealer. Ordered first week of Jan with a few packs on. Current build date of mid September. Given the plant shutdown if it happens in a few days time for a month that's just over 2 weeks away in Ford time. Hopefully means they have site of the build with component availability.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had an update from my dealer. Ordered first week of Jan with a few packs on. Current build date of mid September. Given the plant shutdown if it happens in a few days time for a month that's just over 2 weeks away in Ford time. Hopefully means they have site of the build with component availability.
Similar for me. Been given a date of 5th Sept

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the factory summer holiday now over, and having seen on another forum about changes to the Fiesta ST, does anyone know what, if any changes, there will be to the Focus ST and what is the current MY?

I’ve had an order in since March, fingers crossed for delivery this year! 😬

1021 - 1040 of 1110 Posts