981 - 1000 of 1024 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,478 Posts
Same with the Fiesta ST I went to a deal on one 23 Apr and was told it had increased in price by £1200 from the week before and not been on the Ford website since

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes I think the Focus is on borrowed time. I expect another SUV/crossover model based on the Focus platform in a coupe more modern and stylish than the Kuga with electric versions is possible.. That I expect would sell well making it and the Puma the main models. Ford happily letting the Fiesta and Focus die away quietly. To probably most people there is no point getting a Fiesta, it's significantly more cramped and less practical than the Puma also with a small boot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is that them in headlights? Whole idea of fog lights is they have to be as low as possible to get under the fog!
Have they removed the fog lights, it's getting ridiculous !
Is that them in headlights? Whole idea of fog lights is they have to be as low as possible to get under the fog!
It’s no different to most cars you’ll find. The RS3 and M3 are the same. It’s obvious from your posts that the facelift isn’t for you and you won’t be trading your MK4 in for one. Nothing wrong in that but I doubt your comments are going to put anyone off ordering one if they want one. For those that have recently taken delivery, congratulations and there’s nothing better than new car day. I hope to join you soon 👍

·
Registered
99 Posts
Must admit I thought the same thing looking at those photos. Not necessarily a big thing (assuming they haven’t forgotten to install them as VW did on a few cars when they facelifted the Mk7 Golf) but another example of how Ford have cut costs by removing features, or making them options to pay for. Some probably down to chip shortages. Just means we’ll see less 4.5’s on the road in time as they are even more expensive relatively now.

Saw a PFL in the metallic red the other day, not sure it’s exactly the same colour but it looked really good in the flesh, it should really suit the FL too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes you’re right I find it difficult to get excited about this so called facelift, but what are your trying to say, only comment if you like everything and lick Ford butt without negative comment? I will criticise anything I don’t like on any car not least my own, just like all car journalists. The car looks quite nice externally, very little different tbh, but I am swaying back to preferring the the look of the pfl overall. The lack of proper fog lights just makes it look even more plain and built into headlights a poor cheap idea. I would have expected to be getting one but my gripe is it’s been cheaped down too far and now poor value for money. Headlight washers gone, a number of previously standard features now extras, fog lights gone, heater and media controls gone, Recaro’s gone, PS4S gone etc, it’s been compromised too far for me by the bean counters. For similar reasons I really dislike the MK8 Golf and it’s stable mates (had many over the years) won’t touch one of those now either. Doesn’t leave a lot to choose from in the compact hot hatch segment for me. i30N now easy favourite if you want a manual but M135i, 128ti or JCW Mini Clubman are easily the most attractive and desirable and best value for money. It would have to be a very big discount or a special model with genuine additional benefits to tempt me into the current effort.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes you’re right I find it difficult to get excited about this so called facelift, but what are your trying to say, only comment if you like everything and lick Ford butt without negative comment? I will criticise anything I don’t like on any car not least my own, just like all car journalists. The car looks quite nice externally, very little different tbh, but I am swaying back to preferring the the look of the pfl overall. The lack of proper fog lights just makes it look even more plain and built into headlights a poor cheap idea. I would have expected to be getting one but my gripe is it’s been cheaped down too far and now poor value for money. Headlight washers gone, a number of previously standard features now extras, fog lights gone, heater and media controls gone, Recaro’s gone, PS4S gone etc, it’s been compromised too far for me by the bean counters. For similar reasons I really dislike the MK8 Golf and it’s stable mates (had many over the years) won’t touch one of those now either. Doesn’t leave a lot to choose from in the compact hot hatch segment for me. i30N now easy favourite if you want a manual but M135i, 128ti or JCW Mini Clubman are easily the most attractive and desirable and best value for money. It would have to be a very big discount or a special model with genuine additional benefits to tempt me into the current effort.
Not at all, the forum is here for discussion but commenting and slating the car on the thread where people have already ordered and waiting for them, you’re probably not going to get the interaction you are looking for. I’m sure the few that have taken delivery will be able to give a good honest review on a new thread, which will no doubt be a good platform for debate 👍

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not at all, the forum is here for discussion but commenting and slating the car on the thread where people have already ordered and waiting for them, you’re probably not going to get the interaction you are looking for. I’m sure the few that have taken delivery will be able to give a good honest review on a new thread, which will no doubt be a good platform for debate 👍
Slating, really? Not liking, like many, the stripped out interior and poor LCD dash plus removal of quite essential functions is not slating, it's letting Ford know we are all not just going to keep buying when they do such things. I just think it's almost totally cost cutting over improvements. Historically face lifts have been big improvements. It's essential we do that to let them know and strongly! You can be certain they do monitor places like this and take part as seems obvious sometimes! The car is almost identical apart from some minor external changes and the very debatable internal change, to "slate" it would be = slating one of my own cars. Improvements like better driver interaction from the displays (as the competition) improved driving modes/control, a more comfortable normal mode, a power boost etc are improvements. Constantly robbing kit out of it or downgrading same are not. They have let the i30N catch and arguably pass it with spec and performance. I fear the car is just not an attractive enough purchase anymore and that could signal it's demise. It's almost like they've lost interest and unfortunetely I am heading that way too. I bet the sales/orders of the ST are rock bottom irrespective of production excuses, they chose to produce vans in place of Focus/Fiesta (their words) The big plus is it will hold the prices up better as there will be few cars around. You can already see this with the MK4 ST's matching and bettering MK7.5 Golf prices even though those are more sought after due to the significant rejection of the MK8 for the same reasons. I hope I am wrong but could this be the last Focus ST? Hopefully not and they will do the right thing, stop messing around and release a well thought out RS to Finnish it',s fantastic heritage on a high and not a very pathetic fizzling out! Will sell like hot cakes! Why wouldn't they? they stand alone not doing so while handing the hot hatch honours to VAG and BMW on a plate free gratis. Even Toyota are back at it now!

981 - 1000 of 1024 Posts