Ford Focus ST Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1024 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting, how's that compare to the competition?

It's 32k pounds in Australia for the Focus st X which includes all options but auto only.
Phew! I've added it up from the brochure. For the Auto and including tax = £40,325 !!!!!!! ;
Base Purchase Cost
£34,360.00​
Premium Metallic Paint
£825.00​
Driver Assist Pack
£500.00​
Park Assist Pack (for Auto)
£450.00​
Blind Spot Info System (BLIS)
£400.00​
Openable Panoramic Roof
£995.00​
Performance Pack
£800.00​
Head-Up Display (HUD)
£400.00​
Trailer Coupling - Detachable
£700.00​
VED (Vehicle Excise Duty) Cost
£895.00​

·
Registered
242 Posts
To be fair the LCD screens are going to get the least of worries

Exactly try tracking down ECUs year's later!
Stand alone
To be fair the LCD screens are going to get the least of worries

Exactly try tracking down ECUs year's later!
A screen that controls almost everything will be a major issue when it fails. And ecu’s can and are replaced with stand alone items. Plus used are easy to get on mainstream models . Have to hope it will be similar with screens. I am sure your a Ford Rep !

·
Registered
242 Posts
I cannot believe that uk price !! I paid just under £31k including heads up, performance pack, wireless charger, bliss and met paint, UK were already pretty much fully loaded, only thing that costs a chunk was the pan roof, Which personally I literally wouldn’t have given. Last quote I got a couple of months ago for fl was £34k !!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Interesting, how's that compare to the competition?

It's 32k pounds in Australia for the Focus st X which includes all options but auto only.
Auto only? Don’t think more than a handful of ST’s would have been sold in uk if it was only available as auto especially a slush box. Last youtube I watched on a ausie st it wad a very basic car. Didn’t have B&O, heads up, reversing camera, recaros and quite a few other things. They seem in obsessed with I30n’s and compare everything to them

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's because they're at the same price point they seemed to get compared a lot. Everything else is 10k more.
The cheaper model is with a manual, weird move by ford.
Theres nothing else apart from i30N. Rest are more premium. The max I would consider paying for a ST is about £33k fully loaded. Not interested in it at more than that, it’s not that good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, when they had a better spec, functionality and cost around £30k, only a year or so ago. But looks like it’s my last, watched a youtube vid on the fl last night. The seats look hideous. Like they’ve got 70’s Dallas shoulder pads on. I would take the fl exterior but definitely the first version interior without the lcd dash.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer has finally got a demonstrator in the showroom. Told its not for sale though. Mine expected to follow next weekend. Sat in the new seats and they are so comfortable. The headrests are not as obtrusive as I thought they would be. I got my order in early ob 3rd Nov. Was told orders only two weeks later are being given a build date of September. Nothing new to show but here are some pics.
Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Plant Car seat cover Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Plant Car seat cover Automotive design
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design
Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
My dealer has finally got a demonstrator in the showroom. Told its not for sale though. Mine expected to follow next weekend. Sat in the new seats and they are so comfortable. The headrests are not as obtrusive as I thought they would be. I got my order in early ob 3rd Nov. Was told orders only two weeks later are being given a build date of September. Nothing new to show but here are some pics. View attachment 906925
View attachment 906926
View attachment 906921
View attachment 906920
View attachment 906922
View attachment 906917
View attachment 906924
View attachment 906919
View attachment 906923
View attachment 906918
View attachment 906917 View attachment 906918 View attachment 906919 View attachment 906920 View attachment 906921 View attachment 906922 View attachment 906923 View attachment 906924
I saw one on the road earlier looked very nice in the green 😻

·
Registered
Sarah - Mountune M365 - Focus ST MK4
373 Posts
We have one in the showroom at work, personally I'm not a fan on the interior. Perfer my mk4 set up, but thats just personal preference. The green is great in the flesh....in the showroom....but not sure I'd have one in place of mine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Doesn't look that good in the photos.
Better in the flesh?
I had a look at one, it looks nice and a well put together car, as good easily as anything else in the class including the golf. Just a pity the Ford bean counters are out of control constantly chipping away at it. I struggle to accept these stripped out lcd screen dashes. And the seats are hideous, put the bloody Recaro’s back! I would have one if they put my interior in and tyres, more than happy externally, it’s the best looking in the class easily imo. Subject to a big discount!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
the seats look ok but i shouldnt think they will be a patch on recaros,ford have obviously binned them to keep costs down yet again which usually means a poorer product, i may be wrong though so it will be interesting to see what folk think when theyve driven the cars for a while

961 - 980 of 1024 Posts