Ford Focus ST Forum banner
861 - 880 of 953 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Hadn’t realised that. Still with the PFL dash and separate vent controls or all stuffed on a smaller screen? Seems odd to have two set ups either way, and then not to sell the version they could!

·
Premium Member
MK4 ST Estate 2.3L Ecoboost Manual Fantastic Red
18 Posts
Hadn’t realised that. Still with the PFL dash and separate vent controls or all stuffed on a smaller screen? Seems odd to have two set ups either way, and then not to sell the version they could!
Not sure, can’t see any pics on the website. I assume it has to have the PFL controls to go with the Sync 3 system? 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Out of interest, hypothetical situation, what would those who ordered a long time ago say if offered facelifted cars, similar deals, but with the smaller screens? Or if they just kept building PFL’s and offered those?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Out of interest, hypothetical situation, what would those who ordered a long time ago say if offered facelifted cars, similar deals, but with the smaller screens? Or if they just kept building PFL’s and offered those?
I would think it’s pretty certain they stopped manufacturing the PFL months ago. Any PFL’s will be cars lying around in compounds with modules missing, some for a year or more. I think Ford are in serious trouble, their sales have tanked for a year now and people who would have had Focus and Fiesta as first choices may well have moved on to other brands for good.

·
Registered
212 Posts
OH! Bother! :mad:
Seems like excuse after excuse. You couldn’t get them before the conflict either which started only a couple/few weeks ago. Personally I would prefer the old screen with the massive advantage of the heater and radio controls back without hesitation. And the analogue dials back too. Or why don’t they use the lcd dash out of the Mustang , it’s vastly superior to the cheap basic thing in the Focus. And has numbers in the speedo, luxury!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I would think it’s pretty certain they stopped manufacturing the PFL months ago. Any PFL’s will be cars lying around in compounds with modules missing, some for a year or more. I think Ford are in serious trouble, their sales have tanked for a year now and people who would have had Focus and Fiesta as first choices may well have moved on to other brands for good.
I agree, I think they have got some serious problems and not being able to sell one of your former big sellers is a particularly big problem.

Not sure how splitting the ICE/ EV business plays into this but it must have a bearing.

·
Registered
590 Posts
OH! Bother! :mad:
Yeah - thats the line I got from Ford UK this week when I asked for an idea of how long I would realistically be looking to wait for mine to arrive. They basically copied and pasted whats written in the article and added a few apologies to it. Not too fussed right now as I'm in my little 1.0L Fiesta ST-Line and getting 45mph which, with current fuel costs, is perhaps the best place to be :(. And it gives me a chance to bank some decent funds while waiting for the ST.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah - thats the line I got from Ford UK this week when I asked for an idea of how long I would realistically be looking to wait for mine to arrive. They basically copied and pasted whats written in the article and added a few apologies to it. Not too fussed right now as I'm in my little 1.0L Fiesta ST-Line and getting 45mph which, with current fuel costs, is perhaps the best place to be :(. And it gives me a chance to bank some decent funds while waiting for the ST.
That's about the same as me.

Although I'm gutted I have no news on the car, I'm pleased I'm still driving my diesel ST given the fuel costs.

Also with everything going on in Ukraine, there are bigger issues around the world than how long my car is taking to arrive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just back from visiting my dealer and was told my eta not affected, still 9th April. She was aware of the current situation too. I'll take it with a pinch (or a bucket) of salt right now since it has already been delayed from 6th March. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she is right though. I ordered on 3rd Nov.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Just back from visiting my dealer and was told my eta not affected, still 9th April. She was aware of the current situation too. I'll take it with a pinch (or a bucket) of salt right now since it has already been delayed from 6th March. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she is right though. I ordered on 3rd Nov.
What was the build date? Hopefully you were lucky and not affected by Sync 4 issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered mine 27th feb dealer still saying going into build 4 to 6 weeks
. How do you guys find out build date do that come from the dealer ?
I doubt it'll be going to build in 4-6 weeks when production is suspended in its entirety until July at the earliest, unless they're reverting to Sync 3 in the focus, rather than sync 4.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I see the Ford website is now stating that new orders are not being taken due to supply issues and also demand...add that to the suspended production until July I think its safe to say that I wont be seeing mine this year. I wonder if thats the case and the car arrives next year that Ford will honour the 0% APR on it?

861 - 880 of 953 Posts