Ford Focus ST Forum banner
701 - 720 of 749 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
That's pants.

When I sat at the salesman's desk, he told me he was in the process of updating all his new car customers with their expected build dates.
I wouldn’t put too much credence into that if I were you; the only time I get to find out anything about my car is if I go in and ask. I’m beginning to wish I had never ordered it and just paid the balloon on my M235 ST Fiesta. Even when I ordered my Mk3 RS I didn’t have to wait this long but in fairness there are mitigating circumstances.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had another update from my dealer. My car build was completed yesterday and is awaiting shipment now. ETA is 06/11/21.

I have no idea how my order had been so quick. If it arrives on time that will be less than 8 weeks from order to collection!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Just had another update from my dealer. My car build was completed yesterday and is awaiting shipment now. ETA is 06/11/21.

I have no idea how my order had been so quick. If it arrives on time that will be less than 8 weeks from order to collection!
Wow that’s amazing. All I can think is that someone must have pulled the plug on their order as it was about to be built and you have taken over that order perhaps?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow that’s amazing. All I can think is that someone must have pulled the plug on their order as it was about to be built and you have taken over that order perhaps?
I did pose that question to the dealer. From what he knows that wasn’t the case but you never know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I order a new ST estate on the 31 July and was told to expect a 5 month wait for delivery. I’ve not heard any different as yet… I might give the dealer a nudge to see if there’s any update.

Very intrigued by the vast difference in waiting times though!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I order a new ST estate on the 31 July and was told to expect a 5 month wait for delivery. I’ve not heard any different as yet… I might give the dealer a nudge to see if there’s any update.

Very intrigued by the vast difference in waiting times though!
Certainly worth giving them a nudge. The whole thing is really bizarre. What spec have gone for if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Certainly worth giving them a nudge. The whole thing is really bizarre. What spec have gone for if you don’t mind me asking?
Petrol, manual, estate.

I was impressed that there’s not much needed in the way of options… plenty included as standard with the ST!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Petrol, manual, estate.

I was impressed that there’s not much needed in the way of options… plenty included as standard with the ST!
Yeah the standard spec is more than enough. I’ve gone Performance Blue, Petrol, Manual, Estate and the Wireless Charging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah the standard spec is more than enough. I’ve gone Performance Blue, Petrol, Manual, Estate and the Wireless Charging.
Yes… I think the wireless charging and paint (agate black) were my only options too.

I do keep wondering if the panoramic roof and blind spot system should have gone on there, but they aren’t really things I can see myself needing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes… I think the wireless charging and paint (agate black) were my only options too.

I do keep wondering if the panoramic roof and blind spot system should have gone on there, but they aren’t really things I can see myself needing.
Yeah good options but personally I don’t like sunroofs and the BLIS just seems lazy to me… not hard to look over your shoulder haha but just my personal opinion 😬🤣

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I wouldn’t have specced BLIS either but my car has it and it’s surprisingly useful. Also does cross traffic for when reversing out of a space. I’d now spec it - £400 is nothing if it prevents a crash.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn’t have specced BLIS either but my car has it and it’s surprisingly useful. Also does cross traffic for when reversing out of a space. I’d now spec it - £400 is nothing if it prevents a crash.
Ahh ok fair one. Each to their own. Maybe I’m just too tight haha

·
Registered
168 Posts
The wireless charger is absolutely useless. I have had two mk4's and in both it simply doesn't work. Given up with it now and use a short lead which you need for car play in any case making the wireless charger even more redundant. They have tried firmware and software updates and a new version of the mat. It will charge for a very short while then just repeatedly gives you a message telling you there is a problem and it has stopped, this annoying message takes over your screen every minute or so until you remove the phone or plug a lead in!

I wouldn't be without BLIS it's a no brainer. Pan roof... Have never liked those and the idea of a chunk of heavy glass that high with leaks and failures ahead. They don't allow you the desirable extras like door protectors, rear usb's, 18" wheel option etc and not to have the dam awful hideously basic digital dash! ( We have it in our Puma, unfortunately had no choice)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The wireless charger is absolutely useless. I have had two mk4's and in both it simply doesn't work. Given up with it now and use a short lead which you need for car play in any case making the wireless charger even more redundant. They have tried firmware and software updates and a new version of the mat. It will charge for a very short while then just repeatedly gives you a message telling you there is a problem and it has stopped, this annoying message takes over your screen every minute or so until you remove the phone or plug a lead in!

I wouldn't be without BLIS it's a no brainer. Pan roof... Have never liked those and the idea of a chunk of heavy glass that high with leaks and failures ahead. They don't allow you the desirable extras like door protectors, rear usb's, 18" wheel option etc and not to have the dam awful hideously basic digital dash! ( We have it in our Puma, unfortunately had no choice)
Thanks for the info mate. You don’t seem to be selling the car very well 🤣 Hopefully the wireless charging won’t be as bad as you’ve said but only time will tell. As for the BLIS each to there own but don’t see the need for it myself. I do wish the door edge protectors were available though.

·
Premium Member
Mk4 ST m365
107 Posts
It depends on what phone you have. The camera bump on the back of my iPhone stops the wireless charging working properly. It was fine with my previous phone and the new mat.

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,410 Posts
My iphone 11 is in a case, which keeps it level with the wireless charging. I imagine any phone with a sizable camera bump could impact the wireless charging, if it's not in a case that levels it out.

701 - 720 of 749 Posts