Ford Focus ST Forum banner
681 - 700 of 748 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Every version bar the top spec Wildtrak has the option of the 2.3 or the 2.7, with the top version 2.7 only. None have a 2.0 ‘liter’ (in US parlance).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Every version bar the top spec Wildtrak has the option of the 2.3 or the 2.7, with the top version 2.7 only. None have a 2.0 ‘liter’ (in US parlance).
Only in Rangers. And for how long? It really doesn’t make economical sense for it to continue much longer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
They have to introduce a hybrid of some form sooner rather than later with the next step of emissions legislation moving the goal posts again. When they do there’s a good chance the RS could be back in the fold.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Still not heard anything about mine yet; 7 months since I ordered it and “potential” July build looks more and more unlikely. That said, loads more people will be in the same boat so I’m not complaining.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Still not heard anything about mine yet; 7 months since I ordered it and “potential” July build looks more and more unlikely. That said, loads more people will be in the same boat so I’m not complaining.
Are you confident they are going to honour it? Seen loads of people who were prepared to be strung along get dropped like a ton if bricks many month’s later during the last VAG shortage a few years ado. Was in BSM getting mine serviced the other day and the guy their didn’t think they would return in their current form, he thought they would most likely be a hybrid. I don’t know, probably more likely they will drop them altogether. They effectively already have as they are not available and haven’t been nearly all year.

Can I ask why you have you waited this long? The options are minimal and all variations were available for immediate delivery until fairly recently, still a handful of old stock available.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Yes, I could have had one of the old stock but figured if I was going to have one I wanted a white one with the new digital display and a panoramic roof. Those three things limit the choice of old stock so I thought I’d have a brand new one. Of course I didn’t realise I would have to wait quite as long as this......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my focus st 3(limited edition model in aus) in Australia 2 months ago and still no updates. It was expected to be october arrival but not holding my breath. Test drove the Hyundai i30 n (face lift) yesterday which are really popular in Australia but still think the ST is better all round .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Doesn’t seem too likely you will get one. I still have doubts about the future for them. You’re certainly unbelievable loyal to them!!

There are a handful of new ones left which some have bumped the prices up. Don’t expect too much from that new dash, it’s very very basic and most annoyingly they haven’t even bothered to put the speed numbers around the speedo! Have to use the digital one in the middle. We do have one, not just from looking at a showroom car. Hoping they update the firmware, but not likely. Give me the analogue dials any day.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are only two versions of most models available to order and been like that all year. Even the new Puma ST is no longer available to order. No ST’s of any model

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi everyone,

just wanted to share a bit of news that sounds too good to be true with everyone.

I placed an order for a Petrol Estate only 4 weeks ago and have just had a call from my dealer saying my car goes into production next week and should arrive with them last week of October.

I’ve seen the stories from people saying they’ve had orders in since last year and they’re still waiting. What do we think? Does it sound too good to be true?

Thanks
Rob

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Still waiting for my build date since January. What I would say though is both my previous STs have been approximately 12 weeks from order to collection

·
Registered
50 Posts
Still waiting for my build date since January. What I would say though is both my previous STs have been approximately 12 weeks from order to collection
Ahh that’s been a long wait mate. I’m sceptical that it’s a bit quick but I can’t see why the dealer would lie to me about getting the build date. Guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered my Mk4 ST petrol back in early July with a estimated delivery of November 2021 however when my current ST Mk3 went in for it's MOT at the beginning of September I asked for an update.

My paperwork is showing a build date of December 21 so I'm not really expecting to see the car until January or February 22.

·
Registered
28 Posts
10 months for me on Wednesday and still no confirmed build date......
That's pants.

When I sat at the salesman's desk, he told me he was in the process of updating all his new car customers with their expected build dates.

I'm not too worried as the four new tyres, pads and discs I put on in the summer are getting some use and having a diesel with the current fuel issues has been a godsend. By being careful how I drive I'm averaging over 50mpg.

Ended up having to nip out at 9:30pm last night to get petrol for my wife's Audi TT after we learnt a local 24hr garage had just had a delivery. Pulled straight up at a pump - awesome!

681 - 700 of 748 Posts