Ford Focus ST Forum banner
661 - 680 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
So do I mate!

I was in two minds as my M235 Fiesta is such a good car but touch wood I have never had a bad one from my dealer and Im confident that if I were to have any issues he would sort me out. Nevertheless, I shall still be very sad to see my ST Fiesta go.
With regards to tuning, I will be sticking with Mountune (if I do decide to tune it which I probably will).
Even though I have ordered it the only thing that Im hesitating on is whether I will really get the use of it given the Covid scenario.
I suppose you could say that about any car though.....
Im sure you wont be disappointed mate, the Mk4 ST is an excellent car!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hope so too mate. The problem is that with certain issues like the rattling door cards, the fix that Ford recommend and the dealers have to implement do not work. Then the dealers are stuck scratching their heads as they cant act outside of Ford technical recommended fixes when it comes to warranty work. Ive seen this numerous times with my 2 Mk8 ST Fiestas and 2 Mk4 Focus STs. To stop my doors buzzing the bass is on -1 and sounds awful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hope so too mate. The problem is that with certain issues like the rattling door cards, the fix that Ford recommend and the dealers have to implement do not work. Then the dealers are stuck scratching their heads as they cant act outside of Ford technical recommended fixes when it comes to warranty work. Ive seen this numerous times with my 2 Mk8 ST Fiestas and 2 Mk4 Focus STs. To stop my doors buzzing the bass is on -1 and sounds awful.
I hear your frustration, but don't expect other makes to be any better. Had most and the Ford's recently are a match for pretty much anything equivalent quality wise, all cars are cheaped down all over the place, including and especially VW. Better than the Skoda Octy I had, shoddy overall, rapidly corroding brakes and wheels. cheap nasty interior plastics masked to appear better than they are, poor sound proofing, turbo failure at 30K etc. And on par with the leon's etc. Not had the issue with the door cards. But I wouldn't ever turn the bass past mid + 1 ish as there is too much. I prefer mine to reproduce sound like it was when it was produced, not a thumping bass drowning out all the other frequencies. The ST sound system is very good. Up to now my ST has been absolutely faultless, well bar the irritating constantly cancelling wireless charging, apparently there is a replacement mat available.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hear your frustration, but don't expect other makes to be any better. Had most and the Ford's recently are a match for pretty much anything equivalent quality wise, all cars are cheaped down all over the place, including and especially VW. Better than the Skoda Octy I had, shoddy overall, rapidly corroding brakes and wheels. cheap nasty interior plastics masked to appear better than they are, poor sound proofing, turbo failure at 30K etc. And on par with the leon's etc. Not had the issue with the door cards. But I wouldn't ever turn the bass past mid + 1 ish as there is too much. I prefer mine to reproduce sound like it was when it was produced, not a thumping bass drowning out all the other frequencies. The ST sound system is very good. Up to now my ST has been absolutely faultless, well bar the irritating constantly cancelling wireless charging, apparently there is a replacement mat available.
Definitely recommend getting that mat. Friend of mine in Ford sent me one, he said they are only about a tenner. Same part number as the original (the original is no longer made). My Galaxy S10 hasn't cancelled charging once since I dropped in that new mat.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Change of plan guys......

As much as I like the orange I have decided that I'm going to stick with gorgeous frozen white as it looks so smart with the black full length sunroof. So I rang my dealer the other day to change the colour and found out that it's due to be built in Feb (the plant reopens on 18th) so I might get it in April.

The money I have saved should just about cover the M330 upgrade (after the first 1000 miles of course).

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
As much as I like the orange I have decided that I'm going to stick with gorgeous frozen white as it looks so smart with the black full length sunroof.
The money I have saved should just about cover the M330 upgrade (after the first 1000 miles of course).
Yep, saved yourself a useful £550 there.

I really like the orange, but a panoramic roof contrasts beautifully on a white car. 8)

I do not agree with the practice of charging extra for solid white paint though. :(

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Looking to order one of these soon - been told 3.5 months for delivery, does that sound right atm?
Certainly doesn't surprise me...but it could be a lot worse.

People who are ordering a new Yaris GR right now are being quoted May 2022. :surprised:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Ordered mine beginning of last month and dealer rang today to say still no build date and theres a parts issue. Could be a wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Focus build time now up to anywhere from September to December - wish I'd ordered two months ago, but wanted a test drive first!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Reading about Ford plant slow downs / shutdowns and semi conductor issues possibly running into 2022 the situation doesnt look good. My local Ford dealer told me there were issues with the 2.3 engine product as far back as last September and wouldnt quote me for a new car because of it. Hence I ended up with a lightly used example, and Im glad I did now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Will there be anymore 2.3ST’s? Bloke I was talking to at Stratstone Ford suggested there may not be anymore 2.3 engines after stock is used up, that’s if they do start making them again. Sounds likely as no more 2.3 Mustangs and cannot see any other cars that use them. If you want an ST might be wise to grab one of the few left. Plus the face lift Focus is due at the end of the year throwing more doubts in as to if they would bother re running production of old versions.
A 1.5 or 2.0 Hybrid might be ? 2.0 is not the MK3 Mazda L block engine, the all new block twin scroll US version that has been in US cars for 5 years and for some reason not used in the Focus or any European Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
If what that bloke at Stratstone said is true I am so glad I ordered one last December.

Still no sign of a build date for mine and we are nearly in July so the recent estimated date of September seems more and more unlikely.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I don’t think that will be true - the 2.3 engine is the base option for the new Bronco. Not available in the UK but I imagine they’ll sell a stack of them in the US. That in itself might making getting hold of the tricky but it’s definitely not being discontinued. Have a look at the Ford US configurator - you could spend weeks speccing a car on there there are so many options!

It’s also got 300hp so if anything I’d expect a power bump on the ST when they face lift it. The ST facelift will possibly lag behind the rest of the range from what I’ve seen as it was introduced later.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don’t think that will be true - the 2.3 engine is the base option for the new Bronco. Not available in the UK but I imagine they’ll sell a stack of them in the US. That in itself might making getting hold of the tricky but it’s definitely not being discontinued. Have a look at the Ford US configurator - you could spend weeks speccing a car on there there are so many options!

It’s also got 300hp so if anything I’d expect a power bump on the ST when they face lift it. The ST facelift will possibly lag behind the rest of the range from what I’ve seen as it was introduced later.
Can’t see a 2.3 in the Bronco, which one have you found? All are the 2.0 twin scroll engine, that I can see anyway. Still cannot find the 2.3 anywhere else. Not looking good for it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes found them, only two base models doesn’t give much confidence as I expect there is some stock to use if they are available at all, rest have all gone 2.0. I hope it’s wrong but doesn’t look good, why would all of the mainstream model’s have gone 2.0 if the 2.3 was the preferred choice? We will find out over the next 6 months or so.

661 - 680 of 687 Posts