Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Interesting how you managed to order a MK3 RS in 2016 from Milton Keynes cos they said they couldnt order me one back in 2017 cos they were not a Ford Store and pointed me to EH Bedford. Having said that I bought my Kuga *** X Sport from them in 2014 and my Focus ST in 2016 and the service was spot on...I dealt with the same salesman (Dave Booth) both times so I didnt need to do much!

I have just placed an order for my MK4 facelift ST and despite haggling with EH MK I actually ended up doing business with a tiny little Ford Dealer over in Bicester - proper old school place with only a few cars there - but he matched all the big boys in price and also gave me the most honest p/x valuation!

· Registered
551 Posts
My last purchase from them was the ST in 2016, when it come to the RS a year later - EH Bedford were the biggest bunch of fools going so I ended up getting one from up North. Ironically although the MK sales team are excellent I found their service department to be utter rubbish, booked the RS in for rusting front grills to be replaced on it and they refused to do the work, additionally they refused to do the Head gasket recall so I ended up over at RGR in Cranfield...I wouldnt touch them now for anything other than sales...

· Registered
551 Posts
OH! Bother! :mad:
Yeah - thats the line I got from Ford UK this week when I asked for an idea of how long I would realistically be looking to wait for mine to arrive. They basically copied and pasted whats written in the article and added a few apologies to it. Not too fussed right now as I'm in my little 1.0L Fiesta ST-Line and getting 45mph which, with current fuel costs, is perhaps the best place to be :(. And it gives me a chance to bank some decent funds while waiting for the ST.

· Registered
551 Posts
I see the Ford website is now stating that new orders are not being taken due to supply issues and also demand...add that to the suspended production until July I think its safe to say that I wont be seeing mine this year. I wonder if thats the case and the car arrives next year that Ford will honour the 0% APR on it?

· Registered
551 Posts
When did you order yours ?
First few days of February - tbh the wait time doesnt really bother me too much as I am sat in the cheap little 70 plate Fiesta enjoying 45mpg.

I did call the dealer the other day with regards to the agreed price and the 0% apr PCP offer to make sure that everything will be honoured in the event of the car being held up until this time next year and its all good on that side...

· Registered
551 Posts
I've been keeping an eye the prices original trade in value on deal was £21250 same dealer now offering £23000 granted this may drop by the time it arrives but the price has been holding steady due to the model being top spec with every option included and small crossover popularity increasing should definitely have more equity than my original deal though 🤞
Initially this was a major factor with me - I went to the dealer and asked him what car would hold its price best in terms of a (then) 6 month wait time and he pointed me to getting a little Fiesta ST-Line hybrid. So I found a fully loaded one 13 months old for £17k and was told I would be given a minimum of £15.5k when the ST arrived. Cos its now possible I could be waiting a year I am not really too bothered about the trade in value cos I am currently finance free, no service due to next January and the car will only be around two years old, under 10k on the clock with warranty left on it by early next year so I still look set to be able to command a respectable trade in...

· Registered
551 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
I've just specced mine up on there and if I was ordering today it would cost me another £4.5k :oops: Thats not including the 0% APR now being 1.9%. That track pack would take the car to £42.5k - absolute madness - I'd want an fully specced RS for that kinda money :cautious:

· Registered
551 Posts
I'm about the same... I'm about to speak with the dealer about what can be done. With the new price increase now also and the fact that my car hasn't progressed to build, the price I got quoted will be honoured however the RRP will have gone up and I suspect I will now be shafted with the new tax bracket....:poop:
That was actually the first question I asked when the delays hit earlier in the spring - my car with specced options came in at £35k with 0% being offered when I placed the order and signed the paperwork. Dealer told me as long as I had signed at the agreed price and 0% then it would be honoured. Mine goes into build Sept 30 so I'm in the same position as you in that area. By rights your dealer should honour the price you signed up at seeing as the delays were not your fault.

· Registered
551 Posts
But it's the RRP at the time of registration, not what it was on the old pricing. So if it's now £40,005 RRP, then you'll pay the higher VED band.
IF thats the case the it looks like the options I added have just missed that £40k threshold then - had I gone with a lairy colour then mine would have gone over ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts