Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1461 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
I spoke to the dealer regarding adding the Track Pack and asked about signing the order form. He said he could send me it over if I really wanted to however he did confirm everything over the phone and promised the price he quoted me in July will be the price I pay - which is good because it will be pre price increase and also evade the £40k tax bracket. I have no reason to suspect anything as this is how it was when I remote ordered my Fiesta ST in 2018 and I just signed everything on collection day. They are a relatively small, family run garage so I think they do things a little differently.

In regards to adding the Track Pack, it couldn't be done as my spec is now locked in which is great news as it looks as if it's moving to build in the next week or so! In away I'm glad I couldn't add it as on further thoughts I think for what I use the car for, the adaptive dampers in the Performance Pack plus the Mountune lowering springs I have waiting here (along with pretty much the entire Mountune catalogue🤪) will be a better suit and I also spec'd the Pan Roof which is something I would have lost with the Track Pack and I would have preferred not to.
what do you mean by the track pack? Do you mean the ST Edition KW coilovers?

· Registered
155 Posts
Track Pack is a new option package available on new order cars here in the UK - it just got announced last week. (I'm sure its available in Europe too)
Oh I didn't know about this at all - embarrasing for a Ford employee, and they normally big up this kind of thing on the internal web. Too busy with the new Mustang I suppose. Sounds like a good package for track users, but I'm an old man and don't need that.

· Registered
155 Posts
Interested to know if the standard ST in the UK has the black roof/mirrors as an option? My one ordered for Aus has these as standard.
In Germany you can order the black package separately, but you just get the mirrors & roof. I didn't want it - I like that you can see some of the body colour on the mirrors when inside the vehicle

· Registered
155 Posts
Oh I didn't know about this at all - embarrasing for a Ford employee, and they normally big up this kind of thing on the internal web. Too busy with the new Mustang I suppose. Sounds like a good package for track users, but I'm an old man and don't need that.
Just today the Track Pack has appeared on the internal web. It's in the new German price list too, at €3,700 - ouch! Everything has gone up - the list price on my estate is now €48,700

· Registered
155 Posts
Wish we could get the ST Wagon here!

Got a call from the dealer yesterday the car is due to them on 15/10 and I can see the boat is due to dock in Melbourne tomorrow. Hoping to get the car by the end of October!
I hope it arrives OK and on time! (y) Is it auto only in Oz?

Wagons are very popular in Germany, fast ones especially. I think of all the Focus STs I see here, over 1/2 are wagons. Personally I prefer the look, I'm told there's no noticeable difference in driving, and you can get loads of stuff in the back. No brainer for me. The CCD damping isn't available for the wagon, but I wouldn't want that anyway.

· Registered
155 Posts
Enjoy mate sounds like you are loving it :)
Thats what I love about the RS them pops and bangs 👌
I have the auto and it doesn't pop or bang which I actually like - I'm too old for all that. But I am amazed by the noise it makes at idle. I thought it was fake, but I started it from the app standing behind it, and for an unmodded car it sounds awesome. My mk3.5 sounded completely dull in comparison.

· Registered
155 Posts
People in Ford think they know best, but really any review you read says the same, leave it in normal unless you actually are at a track. Luckily for me the wagon doesn't have CCD so I can use any setting and get the same ride. Probably a good advantage for the track pack too.

· Registered
155 Posts
mine was built 1st September and just got stuck for 8 weeks in a holding facility.
mine was built a few days after yours - I feel quite lucky really - I ordered it in January and I collected it in September. When I ordered my 1st mk3.5 it was 6 months due to being a new model. So to have only 3 months extra wait with covid/Ukraine/chip shortage is not bad at all. But I know people have waited much longer.

· Registered
155 Posts
I'm expecting issues as I only use the car once a week, for about 25km. The only thing I have noticed so far is that a couple of times the outside and inside lights haven't come on when the car is unlocked. Work OK as soon as it starts. So far, auto stop/start still works. With my last mk3.5 the stop/start hardly ever worked, only after a 100km drive, then worked for 2 weeks. I was hoping they had got rid of that system.

· Registered
155 Posts
Mines an estate if that makes any difference. [/QUOTE said:
Well done, not enough estates in the UK in my opinion. Better practicality, look better (IMHO) and no CCD. Ordering an estate shouldn't hurt your lead time, they are probably more popular in Germany so are not put at the back of the queue

· Registered
155 Posts
.................. It’s an estate though. I did hear issues with sync 4 screen availability ..........................
Personally I think the estate is the Dogs, but that's a minority opinion in the UK :) In Germany I think I see more estates than hatches.

Earlier in the year I heard that the big screen was from a Ukranian supplier, and they were working to re-source elsewhere. Read elsewhere there have been some reliability issues with the screens too, not sure if that's connected.

· Registered
155 Posts
🤞 It gets registered before they announce another price rice 18 months since ordering and zero updates from ford it's like they don't care about customer relations any more
That's not entirely fair - everything is going up. I've been involved in discussions with suppliers where they are losing money due to increasing energy and material costs. There's only around 6% margin on Ford European market products so it's inevitable that cost increases are going to be passed on.

· Registered
155 Posts
And that means they can't inform customers what's goin on? I'm fully aware of the situation within the industry it's the lack of communication I'm talking about(from ford and the dealer).And again 18months since placing my order still not seeing any update as to when I will receive it.
Fair point about the communication, that is terrible.

1 - 20 of 1461 Posts