Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Hi all. Looking to change my Mk8 Fiesta ST for a new facelift Mk4 Focus ST at some point this millennia. Does anyone have any inside knowledge as to when the order books will open up.

Also, I can find and solid information as to what has been changed on the facelifts other than the new front end, seats, infotainment and digital dash. What's new and what dare I ask has been removed compared to what the pre facelifts had?

TIA

· Registered
28 Posts
The LCD dash didn’t change for facelift it arrived in mid 2020 along with the headlight washer system being removed at the same time. A number of items that were standard became extras or much more expensive on the FL but cannot remember what these were and maybe the odd item no longer available at all. The proper fog lights have now gone but the most controversial apart from the seats is the removal of the really nice climate and infotainment controls in the FL.
Ah okay thank you.Those controversial things you mention are actually the things I like about it 😅

· Registered
28 Posts
Just had an email back from the dealer I usually us. I'd asked if they'd had any information as to when the order books would open up again but there's nothing solid at this time. They did say though, that they have two on order from way back that were for stock that they can tweak to match what I'd be looking for so I've just gone for it. No idea on an exact build date but will hopefully be a bit quicker than putting in a fresh order!

· Registered
28 Posts
I've just specced mine up on there and if I was ordering today it would cost me another £4.5k :oops: Thats not including the 0% APR now being 1.9%. That track pack would take the car to £42.5k - absolute madness - I'd want an fully specced RS for that kinda money :cautious:
I'm about the same... I'm about to speak with the dealer about what can be done. With the new price increase now also and the fact that my car hasn't progressed to build, the price I got quoted will be honoured however the RRP will have gone up and I suspect I will now be shafted with the new tax bracket....:poop:

· Registered
28 Posts
That was actually the first question I asked when the delays hit earlier in the spring - my car with specced options came in at £35k with 0% being offered when I placed the order and signed the paperwork. Dealer told me as long as I had signed at the agreed price and 0% then it would be honoured.
See, the issue I have is I have never actually been to the dealer. All my correspondence has been done remotely, phone calls and emails but I know they are sound, used them many times in the past. But,it means I have signed nothing.

· Registered
28 Posts
Thats what I would have assumed...order form is confirmation of order, spec and chosen deposit/finance...its your agreement to purchase the car.
I spoke to the dealer regarding adding the Track Pack and asked about signing the order form. He said he could send me it over if I really wanted to however he did confirm everything over the phone and promised the price he quoted me in July will be the price I pay - which is good because it will be pre price increase and also evade the £40k tax bracket. I have no reason to suspect anything as this is how it was when I remote ordered my Fiesta ST in 2018 and I just signed everything on collection day. They are a relatively small, family run garage so I think they do things a little differently.

In regards to adding the Track Pack, it couldn't be done as my spec is now locked in which is great news as it looks as if it's moving to build in the next week or so! In away I'm glad I couldn't add it as on further thoughts I think for what I use the car for, the adaptive dampers in the Performance Pack plus the Mountune lowering springs I have waiting here (along with pretty much the entire Mountune catalogue🤪) will be a better suit and I also spec'd the Pan Roof which is something I would have lost with the Track Pack and I would have preferred not to.

· Registered
28 Posts
what do you mean by the track pack? Do you mean the ST Edition KW coilovers?
Track Pack is a new option package available on new order cars here in the UK - it just got announced last week. (I'm sure its available in Europe too)

It comes with:
Black Painted Roof, Door Mirrors, Spoiler, and Rear Diffusor
Brembo Front Brake System with 363 mm disks (330 mm standard)
Ford Performance Adjustable Coilover Suspension
19" Ford Performance Alloy Wheels Pirelli P-Zero Corsa Tyres
Track Mode

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
28 Posts
Just an FYI, the 40k VED bracket goes on the list price of the vehicle, not the price you pay. If the RRP on your specific vehicle is over 40k, you'll pay the increased VED.
Yes I understand that and that's one of the reasons I'm pleased. The spec I have, at the old pricing, is under £40k RRP. Now with the new pricing its £40,005... how convenient.

· Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear some are still having problems getting their cars.

After ordering 15 months ago, I finally collected this bad boy today.

Fair play to my dealer who has been on this journey with me.
View attachment 908810
View attachment 908811
That looks absolutely stunning with the glass roof! Glad I went with both the green and roof on mine. Not sure when mine is due but any longer and I'll run out of Mountune parts to buy for it 🤣

Congratulations @Hitchin_Brian!

· Registered
28 Posts
Mind you I think you mention having installed a Mountune? That could be awkward, they will see that as you can’t remove it I don’t think? Down to the individual if he wants to cause you trouble, be nice to them!

If you’re going to put a remap in a new car, I would recommend Dreamscience not Mountune as you can remove the DS tune without leaving markers. Plus if it’s on finance it’s not your car and you shouldn’t be changing anything without understanding there could be consequences if they want to push it. Astonishing to see some of the mods people do on cars that don’t belong to them.
Manufacturer level tools will likely be able to find traces of altered software even if flashed back to stock regardless of what tuners say.

· Registered
28 Posts
There are 23 brand new ones available through dealers ? Surely suitable cars are among those for people . Not a chance I wound wait more than a few weeks for a Focus, they’re just not good enough to me to go through that. I would buy something else like a used or new 128ti or mk7.5 GTi performance or Golf R, S3 or Leon Cupra ! All arguably built markedly better out of better materials and excellent cars. In hind sight I wish I had done that anyway, one mk 4 was probably enough. I do like the 2.3 engine it’s one of the best Ford has ever had (thanks Mazda!) and as long as they don’t mess up head gaskets probably one of the most reliable. So is the EA888 though, now it’s refined into it’s current state.
Sorry but I have had enough of reading your incessant rambling on about how every other car out there is better than the Mk4 Focus. Yes it's not the best and yes its maybe not the best value for money out there but who cares - well other than you... Don't like it, wish you'd bought something else? Jog on, do it.

· Registered
28 Posts
Yes the price will be honoured as per original deal need the list price upon registration to stay under £40k otherwise will end up paying the premium car/road tax rate around £550 per year instead of the £160-165 per year it is currently.
I was under the impression the it’s the price on the order form at time of registration so it doesn’t really matter if the price has gone up since you ordered.

· Registered
28 Posts
My dealer believed the hold ups were due to the driver assistance pack. Not sure how true that is but mine has been offline since September
Interesting. My build has been offline since 23/11 with the dealer telling me it’s amongst a small number of UK bound vehicles waiting for parts.

I added the driver assistance pack also so there may be some truth in what you’re being told.

For what it’s worth the spec of my car is
  • 5 Door Hatch - Manual
  • Mean Green Metallic Paint
  • Performance Pack
  • Driver Assist Pack
  • Parking Pack
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • Blind Spot Information System

· Registered
28 Posts
Trouble is it’s not just the extra money for 6 years it’s also a big put off when it comes to selling, I doubt many are going to even consider buying it when there are hundreds of mk4’s that don’t attract the rip off tax uplift. It’s psychological as much as anything. I got the dealer to discount the difference over and above the deal on one of mine yet still feels **** when you tax. Personally I would drop that roof.

Does anyone know if the cars are 2023 spec yet and what the 2023 spec is? Guessing most or all delivered up to now will be 22 spec especially as they have likely been standing around. There’s always some changes for a model year?
Can't really drop the roof now that it's built...

Mine is showing as a 2023 car but I don't think there has been any changes.

· Registered
28 Posts
According to the whereismymme, my car has been gate released on the 8th. Bad news is I’m getting stung with the new VED rates…

My salesman has explained to me the VED rate is based on the list price of the car at time of manufacture. Oh well.

Font Material property Screenshot Number Rectangle

I’d really like to know what that extra £1,025 in “Addtional Costs” are.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts