Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered my Mk4 ST petrol back in early July with a estimated delivery of November 2021 however when my current ST Mk3 went in for it's MOT at the beginning of September I asked for an update.

My paperwork is showing a build date of December 21 so I'm not really expecting to see the car until January or February 22.

·
Registered
89 Posts
10 months for me on Wednesday and still no confirmed build date......
That's pants.

When I sat at the salesman's desk, he told me he was in the process of updating all his new car customers with their expected build dates.

I'm not too worried as the four new tyres, pads and discs I put on in the summer are getting some use and having a diesel with the current fuel issues has been a godsend. By being careful how I drive I'm averaging over 50mpg.

Ended up having to nip out at 9:30pm last night to get petrol for my wife's Audi TT after we learnt a local 24hr garage had just had a delivery. Pulled straight up at a pump - awesome!

·
Registered
89 Posts
With my Mk3.5 ST running really well at the moment I'm still happy to wait for my Mk4.

I have noticed the prices of second hand Mk4's on auto trader are all over the place. Anything from around £28k to £35.5k.
There are second hand models on sale for well over £2k more than I am purchasing a new one for. One of those was a 2L diesel where mine is petrol.

I am waiting to see if I get a message about a price increase however my ST has increased in value by £1.5k since I ordered the new one in July so if my car does turn up at the agreed price, I'm happy with the agreed trade in price.

I will be disappointed if it doesn't turn up given I could have had an ST Edition although we wanted the pan sunroof.

My dealer does have a second hand Mk4 ST 70 plate on the forecourt with Performance Pack, BLISS and Pan sunroof but it's black and doesn't excite me like something a bit brighter and louder.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer called me today to update me that they are hoping to take delivery of my car in Jan 2022.

Given that the last news was a build date in December 2021, delivery in January 2022 sounds reasonable so quite happy with that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just had an update from my dealer. They are unsure whether any pre-existing orders for the Mk4 Focus will be built now with the Facelift due to start production in January. The customers with Fiesta orders in the same position have been told that they will get the new model at the same price as the old one they have ordered. He thinks it’s therefore likely to be the same with the focus
That's interesting. Mine is due to be built in December and received in January so I'll wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My PX is showing about £1k more than I agreed with the dealer in the summer however if the car turns up at the agreed price then I'm quite happy with the deal.

Luckily I'm not desperate for the car and will just wait and see what happens.

My Mk3 ST is running well so I'm in no hurry.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you @TSP79

I ordered my Mk4 ST in Orange Fury in July 21. The last update I had from the dealer in November was my car was due to be built in December 21 with delivery in January 22 which I had guessed was not going to happen. I'm sure the 'Edition' build was to use the last of the Mk4 bits up.

I contacted the dealer at the end of December who confirmed it hadn't been built and we met at the beginning of January to agree a plan of action.

My dealer updated me this week.

I can change my order to the mk4 face lift model at no additional cost however Orange Fury has now gone.
I think they are only doing Red, Black, White and Green but I might be wrong. Blue has also gone. Not sure about grey.
We have agreed to amend the order to Mean Green and await an update from the dealer who has to look at pricing as some of the spec has now changed.

The Heads Up Display which was originally an optional extra but became standard on the later mk4 builds and was standard on my order has now gone back to an optional extra. It's something I want.
So my dealer is checking the new spec and will update me next week.

Estimated lead time April 2022.

We did consider cancelling the order but then we have to start again and go to the bottom of the queue if we order something else. My wife prefers the green to the orange and as my mk3 ST is running better than ever since I had the DPF cleaned, I'm quite happy to wait.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like we are on the same wave length @TSP79

I'm gutted orange, Ford's signature Focus ST colour has been stopped. I can't understand why they never did a bright loud blue either except on the Edition version. Back in 2013 there was a lot of upset that Ford didn't do a bright blue hence bringing in Deep Impact Blue which was really popular. The only other colour I like on the mk4 is white but my mk3 is white and it won't feel like a new car if I have the same colour.
I'm not really sold on green but I want something that will stand out and turn heads.

Our reasoning for keeping our order going was exactly the same as yours. Our trade in price is £800 more than in July 2021, we won't have a price hike and we don't start from square one again - hopefully.
The lead time was very much an estimate. It's early days yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks @AP90 and congrats on getting your car so quickly.

Still waiting for my dealer to let me know what is standard and not standard on the facelift model, and how that compares to my original order.
I'm hoping they will match the original spec at no extra cost. We will see.

We are going on Monday to look at a 21 plate Ford Puma that my wife has reserved. It's an ST Line X and I can't believe the level of standard spec. It's pretty impressive. Add on 19" wheels, power tailgate, Pan roof, Winter Pack and Driver Assistance Pack and it's fully loaded.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered 21.75MY ST Estate (2.3 manual, fantastic red, pana-roof, BLIS) at the beginning of October 2021 about 2 weeks before facelift was released. Vehicle is now in UK but I'm waiting till March to register it as a 22 plate (I also have a company car that doesn't go back quite yet). Might well be the last registered pre-facelift! :D
Wasn't bothered for the facelift, I personally prefer the pre-facelift styling, not bothered for the giant screen, lack of physical heater controls and reduction in standard equipment.
Quite shocked by some of your lead time stories and cars still not delivered from being ordered so long ago!
From what I have read on here, the estate version seemed a lot easier to get hold of than the hatch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mk4 facelift in Mean Green available to buy on autotrader Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
Read the description.

"The brand new Focus! Loaded with standard spec and available to order with options and colour of your choice., Full of upgrades to put the spec way above the outgoing model., For more info or to secure your factory order build slot, call us on 01902 875400 and ask for the new car sales team! , Metallic Mean Green, £34,225"

I don't think that car is for sale. I think it will sit in the showroom to entice customers to order.
Orders will then join the queue. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I must admit I'm not even bothering to chase my dealer. If it comes great, if not, I've not lost anything.
I have to be honest I'm getting a little fed up with the whole thing now.

At least I've got my mk3.5 to play with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah - thats the line I got from Ford UK this week when I asked for an idea of how long I would realistically be looking to wait for mine to arrive. They basically copied and pasted whats written in the article and added a few apologies to it. Not too fussed right now as I'm in my little 1.0L Fiesta ST-Line and getting 45mph which, with current fuel costs, is perhaps the best place to be :(. And it gives me a chance to bank some decent funds while waiting for the ST.
That's about the same as me.

Although I'm gutted I have no news on the car, I'm pleased I'm still driving my diesel ST given the fuel costs.

Also with everything going on in Ukraine, there are bigger issues around the world than how long my car is taking to arrive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts