Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,472 Posts
The pricelist is on the Ford website.
I'd expect dealers to be able to order now. They should be getting their allocations for demos and first orders.

When I ordered the MK8 Fiesta ST before my current car, I ordered it before the pricelist had even been published

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes available February, apparently they are expecting to ramp up production again by the end of the year

I see they have now made the traffic sign, adaptive cruise and traffic alert, extras and part of the driver assistance pack at £450! So gradually has become less car with them robbing the headlight washers and adjusting the performance pack previous I believe? Plus now the climate panel and some radio controls. I am preferring the first version more by the day, certainly the interior and it's functionality. Do like the external look of the front of this one though. Good news is parking pack option is back with the door edge protectors. Has the Orange option gone too?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes available February, apparently they are expecting to ramp up production again by the end of the year

I see they have now made the traffic sign, adaptive cruise and traffic alert, extras and part of the driver assistance pack at £450! So gradually has become less car with them robbing the headlight washers and adjusting the performance pack previous I believe? Plus now the climate panel and some radio controls. I am preferring the first version more by the day, certainly the interior and it's functionality. Do like the external look of the front of this one though. Good news is parking pack option is back with the door edge protectors. Has the Orange option gone too?
yes I also noticed there is less standard kit

performance blue paint has also been dropped unfortunately

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Getting even pricier isn’t it. Shame about the colours too. I like the orange even if it was too loud for me, offering no blue option seems ever stranger as its the most common (and IMO) best colour for it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Would love to see some pics of the new mk4.5 ST Estate, it's doubtful but I'm wondering if they've done anything about that truly awful back end (not just the rear view but basically the side profile from the rear wheels back). I so want to like it but it just looks so wrong and would never buy it based on those looks. Mk3 ST Estate side profile looks soooooo much better.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,213 Posts
Funny, as I recon the estate mk4 is better looking than the hatch, but neither of them are very attractive at all, the mk2 and mk3 are much nicer looking cars, I suppose one consolation is, at least you don’t have to look at it when you’re driving it. 😁

·
Registered
212 Posts
I couldn't disagree more, I think the estate looks the best by a country mile from all angles especially the rear, it will not change a jot at the rear for the MK4.5. The best looking ST ever imho! I think the MK3.5 is the best looking ST hatch version overall but only marginally better looking than the MK4, they are quite/very similar, just the 3.5 is neater, although I think starting to date now. The MK 2 is a 00's typical boxy hatchback of the time and was never my cup of tea, I had a couple but didn't really take to them, sold for Mondeo's. The MK 1 which I had a few, is a classic now but very dated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I see the MK4 ST Estate as almost rep mobile/Mondeo type look about it, I can get away with the mk3 ST Estate as it still looks like a cheeky, sporty child/dog carrier, to me the mk4 Estate just looks to "mature". Image wise, the equivilant of an E-class Merc or 5 Series Estate, good cars but just not cool lol.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It looks like an estate, just get the hatchback if you prefer it, I don't. Not many reps had Mondeo estates as they carried little more making it an unnecessary expense, they nearly all had hatchbacks, the juniors had the Focus's. Probably nil have had them for years know though. Audi RS6 Avant cool, they don't do a saloon?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts