Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Don’t know if anyone has had this issue with a message coming up on the sync 3 screen telling me to start engine low battery and the bleeping for the front and rear sensors changing tone? My old Mk 4 was not a daily driver and I just put it down to car not charging fully. I have now changed to a Mk 4.5 and it has just started to do this again today but i have used this car every day for the last 10 days. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,406 Posts
The first thing to do it to see what the voltage is across the battery with the engine off (before first start of the day) and with the engine running. While you are at it check that the terminals are clean and tight and the earths too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all,
Had the focus into EH Bedford for a check and all is ok. I was talking to the Tech about it and he said its a known issues and apparently the tolerances are not set correctly from factory he said there will be a software update eventually. He advised to buy a trickle charger due to it not being a daily drive and see how that works. Have done this and had on charge all week and have had no issues today when got out the garage it was nice and fresh and doing everything it should. Main thing no notifications on the ford pass app advising car shutting down into sleep mode. Also he did say battery’s are a lot smaller these days to save on weight emissions not sure how true this is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts