Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Extracts From Press Release:

Available on new Focus for the first time, next-generation SYNC 4 – supported by a largest-in-segment 13.2-inch centre screen – enables cloud-connected navigation and connected voice control with natural language understanding. In addition, the technology allows Ford Power-Up software updates, available over the air to improve functionality over time. Features and services including SecureAlert, Stolen Vehicle Services and Local Hazard Information are also available via FordPass Connect.

A suite of next-generation driver assistance technologies includes Blind Spot Assist, Intersection Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane Centring.
A new iteration of Ford’s “human-centric” design philosophy brings greater confidence and boldness to the Focus exterior in five-door and wagon bodystyles, with new bonnet profiles, LED headlights.

Ford also has revealed the new Focus ST – powered by a 280 PS 2.3-litre EcoBoost petrol engine – featuring all-new Performance Seats and bold exterior design that further emphasises its high-performance character.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window Vehicle Car Window Plant Car seat cover Car Vehicle Land vehicle Steering part Automotive lighting Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Car Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Cloud Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you thought it looked like an ipad stuck to the dash before.... 😅

At least the facelift looks a bit more cohesive on the Focus, I don't find it quite fits the Fiesta.

Very little seems to have changed other than the seats inside, just a bigger screen and the climate controls are now screen only. Power button placement seems odd, like they were trying to find buttons to fill the void left by the climate controls.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ohh dear, interior controls looks like they're going down the "touchscreen only" route which is not a good thing. Seats look nice tho, although quite bulky and I prefer the new front end & headlights (even if it makes it look like the new i30N)

Could have been worse, although, could have been better!

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,588 Posts
Mmm, not really sure, definitely an improvement on the mk4 imho, but still not a fan of the big smiley grill, a little too much Mazda I think, nice seats, I like the signature colour too. I really hope they will still do a manual gearbox.

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmm, not really sure, definitely an improvement on the mk4 imho, but still not a fan of the big smiley grill, a little too much Mazda I think, nice seats, I like the signature colour too. I really hope they will still do a manual gearbox.
6 speed manual is still detailed in the attached tech specs and also one of the interior shots show it. Nothing mechanical seems to have changed from the Mk4, just the diesel that's been dropped.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I’m sure there will be a hybrid version, sooner or later, possibly even an EV, god forbid. 😆

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Let’s hope they call it an ST line and not a full blown ST, after all, the badge has been watered down enough imho.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts

Available on new Focus for the first time, next-generation SYNC 4 – supported by a largest-in-segment 13.2-inch centre screen – enables cloud-connected navigation and connected voice control with natural language understanding. In ...
For me it looks much better. Like a small Mustang. It is still not so mesmerizing as the mk1 and mk2, mk2.5 were back in their time, but fine.
Offtopic, but does someone has a same pdf for the mk2.5 ST? :)))

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,373 Posts
That looks so much better than the Mk4 PFL, Ford have done their usual trick and made the FL look more aggressive and fix the faults in the PFL. I'd actually come back to the ST now if I hadn't moved up a class or two already. As for screens - meh, get used to it because it's how things are going to be. Same way the Mk3 was five door only and the next ST will at least be a hybrid - nobody likes change but eventually you get past it because all manufacturers are doing the same and you have little choice if you want an up to date car.

I can't say I cared much for the 'stick on iPad' screen in my C43 at first but now my main complaint is that it's not actually a touch screen and entering sat nav details using the touch pad is a right royal pain in the backside. The next gen C class will have an even larger, upright screen in the centre of the dashboard (Tesla style) and people are already complaining about that. I'm definitely looking forward to the Hyperscreen trickling down to the C class, that looks totally amazing.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Looks like the diesel has gone completely. Looking at the PDF there seems to a change in the OEM tyres to Pirelli’s (assuming the 18inch set up isn’t for the UK), not sure that’s a forward step but easily rectifiable.

Screen looks nice but no A/C controls is daft, not sure the seats are a forward step either. Overall I can’t say I’ll be rushing out to switch to a facelift but it looks decent enough.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,224 Posts

Available on new Focus for the first time, next-generation SYNC 4 – supported by a largest-in-segment 13.2-inch centre screen – enables cloud-connected navigation and connected voice control with natural language understanding. In addition, the technology allows Ford Power-Up software updates, available over the air to improve functionality over time. Features and services including SecureAlert, Stolen Vehicle Services and Local Hazard Information are also available via FordPass Connect.

A suite of next-generation driver assistance technologies includes Blind Spot Assist, Intersection Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition and Lane Centring.
A new iteration of Ford’s “human-centric” design philosophy brings greater confidence and boldness to the Focus exterior in five-door and wagon bodystyles, with new bonnet profiles, LED headlights.

Ford also has revealed the new Focus ST – powered by a 280 PS 2.3-litre EcoBoost petrol engine – featuring all-new Performance Seats and bold exterior design that further emphasises its high-performance character.

View attachment 903956 View attachment 903957 View attachment 903958 View attachment 903965 View attachment 903959 View attachment 903960 View attachment 903961 View attachment 903962 View attachment 903963
I really like it the green looks awesome 😎

·
Registered
28 Posts
I quite like it. I think the interior and seats look better.

Not so sure on the front grille. Looks a bit like the Puma.

Metallic green looks nice.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
So my opinion on this car. The PFL with the FL headlights would be a much nicer match. Also the ford badge should be on the body work above the grill, not on the grill. The interior is beautiful I think they've done really well with that.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,373 Posts
That's hardly surprising seeing as Ford owned a large part of Mazda up until 2005 and designed cars together with them.

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's hardly surprising seeing as Ford owned a large part of Mazda up until 2005 and designed cars together with them.
i30n is a Hyundai.

But tbf lots of cars are looking like this now, it looks a lot like the Leon too.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,373 Posts
i30n is a Hyundai.

But tbf lots of cars are looking like this now, it looks a lot like the Leon too.
Sorry should have said Mazda and Hyundai have some ties as well. But yes, as manufacturers reach 'optimal' design cars are going to all start looking similar.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like it, front looks better and more balanced, there will be improvements all over, always is, the face lifts historically are significantly better. Seats are ok but prefer the current ones. I hope it does have 18" wheels with an option of the 19" if you're that way inclined, probably not for us though. It also has the Puma charging mat which I can confirm actually works. Diesel being dropped is no surprise. Only major downer for me is the removal of the climate controls and the horrible toy instrument display. I would order one straight away but those two things are seriously putting me off. Also DCT in the mainstream models has made a comeback, that is a surprise. They must be confident they've finally fixed them? Not sure what was radical about MK1, 2 and 3 they also looked little different to standard cars from 50 yards away, as they wouldn't being almost exactly the same car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts