Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a problem with my mk3 diesel focus st. Intermittently it throws up engine service now on the dash which causes the car to have a loss of power but its not limp mode, its more like a limiting of air flow through the car.

Diagnosed as possible EGR by 2 garages. Replaced no difference. Boost solenoid also replaced no real difference. Smoke Test showed no boost leaks. Throttle body cleaned, then replaced as it was cheap incase this had a fault. No difference. Suggested it could have had a bad remap. Factory map loaded on to the car. No difference.

codes that are getting thrown up now are

P02FA Diesel intake airflow position sensor minimum/ maximum Stop Performance

P02E3 Diesel Intake Airflow Control Circuit High

P003A Turbocharger/supercharger Boost control A position exceeded learning limit

Also very intermittent P027C Fuel Pump Control Module "B" Control Circuit Low.

When Engine Service Now comes up and the car is turned off and then back on it will go away and then come back some time in the near future.

Any suggestions guys? I've been trying to solve this for months now starting to do my head in lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay so i replaced the air filter and cleaned the maf last night, it did look a bit dirty so let's see what happens!

Also found the clip around the intake pipe at the maf end wasn't fully tight, not "loose" as such but not as tight as it should be so tightened and refitted everything.

I'll report back with the results.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,435 Posts
How are you getting on with this , I have an ST tdci and had the exact same symptoms but I've just found out today what was wrong .
Perhaps sharing the solution would help, rather than just saying you have one?

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
3,065 Posts
Are you a moderator Sean b ?
Shocking attitude. I wonder what the 'b' stands for .
To steve_184 , if you're still having problems mate reply to me and I'll discuss it with you directly.
I don’t think he was harsh Tbf , the idea of an open forum is to help everyone now and in years to come by posting what the problem/solution is keeping it to yourself is not cricket sir 🫡

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
6,057 Posts
To steve_184 , if you're still having problems mate reply to me and I'll discuss it with you directly.
Can I ask what is your reason for not wanting this information being available to add to the knowledge base? If everyone did this there would be no point in the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,435 Posts
Are you a moderator Sean b ?
Shocking attitude. I wonder what the 'b' stands for .
Yes I am a moderator, as it says under my name. The B is the initial of my surname.

These forums are designed for members to help each other and create a repository of useful information. Keeping a solution to an issue to yourself is hardly in the spirit of that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts