Ford Focus ST Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
The centre part of mine snapped when I used a drift to remove it from the pedal assembly like a chap on YouTube does.
You do not need to do this, gentle pressure with your thumb is fine. Dont be tempted to stick anything in it before its off the car.......
And they are £50.......

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's dead easy to seperate. Take the spring perch assembly off the clutch pedal. Put it in a vice, get a drift, tap it through the center of the perch and it comes apart without breaking it. 2 taps and it came off for me after struggling over an hour trying to seperate it by hand which was impossible.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anyone know if these also fit standard focus? I have mine in my st but mrs has a 1.0 eco boost

( which incidentally has poor mpg - dont believe the hype)

and she reckons the clutch has no control in 1st/2nd gear

·
"Clutching at Straws" Award Winner
899 Posts
Anyone know if these also fit standard focus? I have mine in my st but mrs has a 1.0 eco boost
( which incidentally has poor mpg - dont believe the hype)
and she reckons the clutch has no control in 1st/2nd gear
Have you still got the spring from yours? It might be worth popping her clutch spring out to see if it is the same size. I can't imagine they would be a different size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont think it is worth the money. Didnt seem to get much lighter. Could only feel the biting point a bit more. I actually like the car to feel a bit difficult, so the gf doesnt want to drive it. ;)

Easy to mount. Just need a 1/4» extender and a voice to separate the parts. Five minute job.

I have already put the original spring back on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Finally fitted mine today. One of the plastic bit broke as I was taking the assembly out of the clutch pedal. After reading some posts here I convinced myself that it won't be an issue if I manage to put it back in place. 20 mins of struggle later it's back on the car! we will see how it goes tomorrow when I take the car for a spin. Contemplating getting a replacement bit but not sure it is worth it as it seems absolutely fine!

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.