1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2013 ST3 Estate in Tuxedo Black
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

newbie here so be gentle! 🤣

just wondered if anyone else has the following accessories

- rear window air vents. Perrin Performance make them for the hatch but can’t find estate ones anywhere.

- opinions on air intake system please

- US style front grille (minus licence plate border). Where did you get it from and what have you done with your front plate now?

- is there any kind of different front fog light kit available. Like upgrade to the MK3.5 type?

- any estate ST’s on air?

thanks all in advance.
Instagram - @Murdered_ST3

· Premium Member
580 Posts
Hi All

newbie here so be gentle! 🤣

just wondered if anyone else has the following accessories

- rear window air vents. Perrin Performance make them for the hatch but can’t find estate ones anywhere.

- opinions on air intake system please

- US style front grille (minus licence plate border). Where did you get it from and what have you done with your front plate now?

- is there any kind of different front fog light kit available. Like upgrade to the MK3.5 type?

- any estate ST’s on air?

thanks all in advance.
Instagram - @Murdered_ST3
Is this what you're looking for vents wise?

Re: air intake systems, I've got the Mountune CAIS (cast crossover pipe & high flow induction hose c/w with K&N 57s air filter) with Velossatech 'Big Mouth' ram air snorkel. With the K&N in the standard air box I'd advise keeping the bung in, don't run it open ended unless you like the stupid noise it makes. This works OK, but don't expect any noticeable performance improvements if this is done in isolation without any other mods, as all it will do is increase induction noise, despite what the manufacturers may claim. Mountune isn't cheap and there are plenty of other options which will all do similar, such as Airtec or Steeda etc. However, I'm an advocate of the closed air box, as opposed to the RS airbox lid conversion or the naked filter options, as I believe it keeps the air temp down and provides a slightly denser charge. The naked filter just pulls in hot air from the engine compartment.

For the fog lights, I just changed the lamps to Nighteye H11 6500K LED's (I think the round fog light is fine as is, but it's personal preference)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.