Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to trade in my 2011 Panther Black Mk2 ST3 for a Mk3 ST2.
Does anyone know any dealers doing any good deals?
The quotes i've had so far have been pretty scary, due to it being a new model.
They've just started doing £1K off for finance which helps but would be interested if anyone has found any dealer that go the extra mile for a sale.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
I got over 2k off my fully loaded ST3, but only because they messed me around big time. Play one dealer off against another, see which one is more desperate to get the sale.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I didn't have any probs getting over £2k (+ quite a few extras) off a new ST-2 when ordered one just before Christmas + two separate dealers were both trying to get my trade at that price.

See the following post I did for a bit more info:-

New ST-2 Deal

I just found out about the £1k finance offer this weekend and I'll be on to dealer tomorrow to take advantage of it to save myself another £1k - with a bit of luck.

Drop me a PM if you like Jimmy and I'll give you names of dealers I dealt with + one is currently advertising £2k off new ST-3's and £1,850 off ST-2's (plus finance offer available on top).

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Where abouts are you from? Rates in grays Essex gave me a really good deal way back in July. I saved around 4k but that does include £1700 privilege discount

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
There are some good deals out there but it took me a while to actually got what I was prepared to pay. I used one of the dealers that Caster mentions above.

Good luck

Dal

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
www.employeevoucher.co.uk are starting to get some good deals on the st,thats if you have a privilege voucher.
The deals are good but are all based on finance so once you pay off the car in the agreed time you don't really save much so can you take the deal, then after your first payment pay the finance completely off like you can do with the finance contribution allowance?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The deals are good but are all based on finance so once you pay off the car in the agreed time you don't really save much so can you take the deal, then after your first payment pay the finance completely off like you can do with the finance contribution allowance?
You pay the final balance off after the set time.

They didn't have any of the cars I wanted in stock for this deal, but then for that price it's a bargain

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't have any probs getting over £2k (+ quite a few extras) off a new ST-2 when ordered one just before Christmas + two separate dealers were both trying to get my trade at that price.

See the following post I did for a bit more info:-

New ST-2 Deal

I just found out about the £1k finance offer this weekend and I'll be on to dealer tomorrow to take advantage of it to save myself another £1k - with a bit of luck.

Drop me a PM if you like Jimmy and I'll give you names of dealers I dealt with + one is currently advertising £2k off new ST-3's and £1,850 off ST-2's (plus finance offer available on top).

Good luck.
Be interested to know if you get the £1k deal as I ordered a ST3 around the same time. Dealer said there was no deals on finance.
Oh and hello to all by the way. Just joined the forum but have had a mk2 ST for 4 years.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
Be interested to know if you get the £1k deal as I ordered a ST3 around the same time. Dealer said there was no deals on finance.
Oh and hello to all by the way. Just joined the forum but have had a mk2 ST for 4 years.

Offers from Ford Credit are available at the time of registration of you car.

·
Registered
352 Posts
No problems with the £1k deal Ken - phoned dealer this am and they're putting finance offer in action for me re delivery/regn of ST-2 in March.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rang the dealers today. seems like Im okay for the £1k too. Just worried as he said he would get back to confirm it and I havent heard anything yet! But he seemed pretty confident. Cheers. Glad I dopped in.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
The Ford Credit marketing programme will run until 31st Match 2013. As long as your car will be able to be registered before then you will be able to take advantage of this offer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
In the end i got a price from a dealer i had bought off a few times that was good and then went into my local Dagenham motors who then beat it.
One thing i would say is that the dealers take you a lot more seriously when you actually go in, as the prices i got from ringing around were miles off the final mark.
Next time i think i will visit a few more in person if i can be bothered.
Anyway i should have my frozen White, ST2 Style Pack and Priv glass tomorrow, so can't wait!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts