Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just just upgraded my Sync 2 to Sync 3 and would like to install a stock amp that would fit inside the spare wheel.
If I understand the parts I need, are:
  • Subwoofer (Would the one from RS or ***-X work?)
  • Sub connecter (cannot locate anywhere)
  • ACM with sub plug (found one from RS 2018)
  • Wiring loom (not idea which one I should use)
The reason why I want a stock sub is I don't want to waste space for an additional amp/sub in the boot also I am not an audiophile however a little bit more bass would definitely help.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,444 Posts
The stock sub won't give you massive bass improvements, it adds bass but in a way that makes the audio sound fuller and richer, as opposed to thumpy.

I believe the stock sub is standard across the Focus range (where it is used), it just sits inside the spare wheel, as are the additional parts that are required. If you got some parts from a 2018 RS could you not getthe additional parts from it as well?

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,316 Posts
You only get the sub with premium upgrade I doubt there is any wiring for the sub if the car didn't have the upgrade from factory

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,444 Posts
You only get the sub with premium upgrade I doubt there is any wiring for the sub if the car didn't have the upgrade from factory
No, there isn't as far as I'm aware, you need the sub loom and possibly the loom for that area of the car as I'm not sure that the standard loom even has the plug connectors for the additional sub loom.

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,316 Posts
No, there isn't as far as I'm aware, you need the sub loom and possibly the loom for that area of the car as I'm not sure that the standard loom even has the plug connectors for the additional sub loom.
I think others have looked and not found any connectors, think they ended up running the sub off the rear speakers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been looking around and I could not find any one selling the sub loom. I am not an expert but running the sub of the rear speakers would not require an additional unit to convert signal to low frequencies? What about if I run a custom wire directly to the ACM with sub plug? Is it just two wires?

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for power wise. I installed a 160w Pioneer TS-WX130 DA Sub-Woofer (it's sits discreetly under the passenger seat) and comes with a wired remote control (which you can route through the centre arm rest storage box and then use double sided tape to secure it adjacent to the gear stick). Installation requires a CTLOC10 High Level Speaker To Low Level RCA Converter (2 Channel) to be spliced into the speaker output wires at the back of the head unit (but you can obtain some T-piece scotch clips/crimps, which enables a neat and simple job without cutting any wires). There's YouTube vids showing how to remove the dash/head unit to install the CTLOC10. The sub weighs 3.5kg and measures 280mmW x 200mmD x 70mmH. It's just 3no. wires required to power it up (Yellow = Permanent Live, Blue = Switched Live, Black = Ground) use a mini blade piggy back fuse unit plus an RCA lead and the jobs a doddle. If you locate the sub under the front seat, you can run the wires along the centre console by tucking them up the side and obtain a supply from the fuse-box in the passenger footwell. I appreciate it's subjective, but I think it performs well for such a compact unit.

View attachment 902916
View attachment 902915 View attachment 902917

1 - 7 of 7 Posts