Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mk2.5 orange 3 door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Its been a while since i posted, but i am after a little help if you can assist?

I need to change the oil filter housing myself on my MK2 facelift. I have watched a couple of videos and read some forum guides and it is all straight forward...
1- Swing ecu over
2- Dip stick bolt and top bolt do from the top
3- Other 3 bolts do from the bottom
4- Slide off the hoses
5- Fit new as above in reverse

All i want to be sure of is: -
1- I do not need to drain the current oil in the engine?
2- I do not need to prime the new filter and filter housing with oil manually before firing the engine with it dry of oil?
3- I do need to lubricate new o rings/seal where the housing is mated to the block with engine oil?

Thanks in advance
Aaron

·
Registered
7,952 Posts
Hi all,

Its been a while since i posted, but i am after a little help if you can assist?

I need to change the oil filter housing myself on my MK2 facelift. I have watched a couple of videos and read some forum guides and it is all straight forward...
1- Swing ecu over
2- Dip stick bolt and top bolt do from the top
3- Other 3 bolts do from the bottom
4- Slide off the hoses
5- Fit new as above in reverse

All i want to be sure of is: -
1- I do not need to drain the current oil in the engine?
2- I do not need to prime the new filter and filter housing with oil manually before firing the engine with it dry of oil?
3- I do need to lubricate new o rings/seal where the housing is mated to the block with engine oil?

Thanks in advance
Aaron
(y)You will need a jubilee clip for the breather hose unless its already got one as the original was a one piece metal clip that needs cutting off. You will only lose the oil thats in the filter which is around 0.25 Litres so no need to drain just top it up once the engine has been run. No need to fill the housing it will self prime. I would put a smear of silicone grease on the seals if you have any. If not a smear of engine oil. Dont use normal grease it can rot the seals.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
2,247 Posts
And I don’t know if it was covered in your youtoob videos but you need to tap the dipstick holes (before you fit it) with the bolts as they are not threaded from the factory and it’s easier to do while it’s in your hand 👍

·
Registered
mk2.5 orange 3 door
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
I was worried that the engine wouldnt make oil pressure fith the housing completely dry and might have risked starvation on first start up.
Ill get it ordered come pay day and give it a go soon!
will report back if i hit any disasters along the way

aaron

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
2,247 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
I was worried that the engine wouldnt make oil pressure fith the housing completely dry and might have risked starvation on first start up.
Ill get it ordered come pay day and give it a go soon!
will report back if i hit any disasters along the way

aaron
Get it from @Andy and Kirsty bud it’s almost the same price as from Volvo but with much better delivery service , I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I managed it you’ll be fine 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts