Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,745 Posts
..................... that was back when £5.00 used to move the petrol gauge needle off empty. I think a fiver's worth of ESSO Supreme+ 99 equates to just vapours nowadays.
I remember when I had to squeeze £30 of petrol into the tank of my old XR4x4 and brim it up - with a tank considerably bigger than the current car. Now £30 doesn't even half fill the ST .............. :( Give it a few years & petrol will be £20 a litre as an excuse to force us to all drive electric milk floats.

And then when the conventional power stations generating that electricity suck up all the gas , coal, & oil even quicker to supply the higher demand we run out of electricity even quicker..........

At least the eco-warriors will be happy then..........................apart from the fact we will have destroyed the atmosphere even quicker by over-working said power stations to supply the extra electricity to give us green cars for a few years. That is if you are rich enough to be able to buy them and we can find more third world slave labourers to mine the rare earth metals out to make more batteries.

As Charlton Heston once said when asked about America's gun laws - you can prise the (petrol car keys in my case) out of my cold dead fingers.................

21 - 22 of 22 Posts