Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to hear, just ordered a new focus st mk4.5 yesterday in magnetic grey.
I havent added the performance pack and just wanted to see if anyone can tell me if its worth £850?
this is what you get ;
Additional Track Mode Selectable/Adjustable Continuously Controlled Damping System (CCD) For Manual Transmission - Launch Control, Shift Light ad Rev Matching

I would like to know if you still get the sport mode and pops and bangs without the performance pack?
im coming from a puma st that i did spec the performance pack on but that had the LSD included where as i notice comes as standard on the focus.

is there any real gains to the performance pack on the focus?

Cheers

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,668 Posts
What about pops and bangs?
does it change the actual performance in sport mode?
I think sport mode pops and bangs is still present without the performance pack.
It changes the throttle mapping, so it's more sensitive to inputs, the actual power output/performance is the same. It can just feel faster as it more readily responds.

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,668 Posts
so sport mode is the same with or wihout the perforamnce pack?
With the performance pack the dampers stiffen up and the car "hugs" the road a bit more.

EDIT: You also get rev matching on down shifts and the shift light on up shifts (I don't know how good it is on the digital dash, but it's pretty small and pointless on the analog one)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the performance pack and the rev matching feature is excellent. It also increase the acoustics' since it blips the revs automatically. The CCD is nice but I haven't it thrown it around enough to be able to tell a massive difference. I don't find it uncomfortable even in sports mode to be honest.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’m on the fence if it’s worth £850. The rev matching I like (wasn’t aware it was part of the performance pack though, maybe it is now but didn’t used to be), the rest you could live without easily.

Also thought CCD was standard (not on the estate) and it was just the ability to make it firmer yourself that came with the PP. I’d rather the car didn’t stiffen up in sport if I’m honest.

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,668 Posts
I’m on the fence if it’s worth £850. The rev matching I like (wasn’t aware it was part of the performance pack though, maybe it is now but didn’t used to be), the rest you could live without easily.

Also thought CCD was standard (not on the estate) and it was just the ability to make it firmer yourself that came with the PP. I’d rather the car didn’t stiffen up in sport if I’m honest.
I think the early cars included CCD as standard but the current spec is only part of the performance pack.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Happy I dont have PP as (a) CCD isn't available on the estate and (b) with auto there is no launch mode, rev matching or shift light (obvs). PP was still available as an option last year (on estate auto) and despite the reduced functionality they still had the cheek to charge 400 euros for it - you don't actually get anything other than track mode. Not that i imagine many auto estate owners would be trying track mode. Now ST is deleted (STX only) I got PP anyway, great. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Worth every penny for the CCD alone imo.
The standard dampers are about the same as ccd in normal, certainly nil noticeable dynamic adjustments detectable, they always feel the same, hard, rock hard or bell metal hard. So unless you’re going to use the bone jarring sport and track settings it offers no noticeable difference. I’ve had both, the standard dampers are far better if you want to use the sport mode, tighter steering and throttle response with the childish anti social backfiring but without the hideous ride. The other additions are no loss. But when you come to sell it, might make a difference to some. We are lucky with pfl cars, we got pretty much everything included for free or little money. Including headlight washers, fog lights, heater and radio controls! Recaro’s, PS4s, B&O, electric tailgate (estate) etc etc for about £30k ! Only extras I added was BLISS (wouldn’t be without) , heads up, wireless charger (useless) and metallic paint. But the best addition isn’t by Ford, it’s by Dreamscience, the 95 oct tune, essential to wake the slumbering thing up and make it more economical. They’re good compared to old model ST’s but fall short with the 276 hp now. Why the hell didn’t Ford put the 310hp Mustang tune in them, mystery?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts