Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a mk 2 ST and it has after market cold air filter fitted, i am looking to return it to a standard, setup,so i am looking for a standard airbox setup if anyone can help.

thaks in advance.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
3,095 Posts
Hi, i have a mk 2 ST and it has after market cold air filter fitted, i am looking to return it to a standard, setup,so i am looking for a standard airbox setup if anyone can help.

thaks in advance.

·
Registered
CP320
1,897 Posts
One added negative of puttting the original ST airbox back in is that it makes future oil changes more difficult because of lack of access to the filter.

If you are already running a cone setup then you almost certainly have the RS ECU holder, so I would be tempted to do as I did and fit an RS airbox. Also just buying an ST airbox is a bit of a gamble unless it explictly states that it includes all the ancillaries because there are several other ducts, clips and screws that are required to make it work which are often hard to get hold of.

The RS airbox parts bill could come in around a few hundred pounds depending on what bits you use and whether new or used but there are several helpful threads on this site which will tell you exactly what you need and how to do it.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
3,095 Posts
One added negative of puttting the original ST airbox back in is that it makes future oil changes more difficult because of lack of access to the filter.

If you are already running a cone setup then you almost certainly have the RS ECU holder, so I would be tempted to do as I did and fit an RS airbox. Also just buying an ST airbox is a bit of a gamble unless it explictly states that it includes all the ancillaries because there are several other ducts, clips and screws that are required to make it work which are often hard to get hold of.

The RS airbox parts bill could come in around a few hundred pounds depending on what bits you use and whether new or used but there are several helpful threads on this site which will tell you exactly what you need and how to do it.
Still hasn’t said what issue the cone filter is causing 🤔

1 - 17 of 17 Posts