Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

after selling my st over a year ago i do miss her really bad......

this is my old one :-

and at fordfair

i sold her on and got an audi q7 due to having a new baby boy and wanting a big roomy car.

but really i should of bought a 4 door st !!

my mission to you is to find a focus st on the market in orange

with all the options st3. and post the link in this thread and maybe i could be back in a st

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would cross it off your list if I were you. Makes your car easier to nick.

Greenlight don't insure RS's anymore. They all came with keyless and became their no1 stolen vehicle.
thats not good!!!, whats the story behind that then ?.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
thats not good!!!, whats the story behind that then ?.
Loads, Godango's ST nicked in the same way, few others as well all by the same way.

Some one breaks into the car (smashing/cutting the side window and filling the siren with foam), using a widely available tool costing about £100 which plugs into the ODB port, programmes a key and drives off. Takes only a minute or two. There's a vid on Youtube of a BMW being nicked this way.

There's also another way where a thief uses a signal booster, uses it to boost the signal of car to key and visa versa. This opens the car, allows it to be started and drives off.

One way is to protect it is to use a key ignition. If you go keyless buy a disclok (hence why there's a GB going on atm)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I would cross it off your list if I were you. Makes your car easier to nick.

Greenlight don't insure RS's anymore. They all came with keyless and became their no1 stolen vehicle.
Pretty sure this is because the car is scumbags car of choice, it'd be number one with or without keyless entry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts