Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
years ago i had a montegoMG turbo brand new and kept warping the standard disks and finally after the 5 th set of standard ones and my arguement that it was a performance car i should be able to use it as such the local dealers agreed to fitting mintex disks and pads under there waranty result was one happy customer who never had any further issues with his brakes .
they worked realy well and never in the time i had the car did the disks warp ,had a few sets of pads mind you !!
so speaking from that point of view i rate them.
as far as the standard set up goes on the ST i think there also very good for road use so if it was me id go for the cheapest ones as in my opinion there both pretty good .
im lucky enough to get ford employees discount threw a friend so got a front set of pads and disks for 84:98 which i was quite pleased with .
hope this helps you make a choice matey .

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I've recently put new ford front discs on with ferodo DS2500 pads and dot5.1.

Can recommend this , brakes are fantastic now not that there were bad before mind you.

·
Registered
279 Posts
had the mintex pads fitted last week the work really well with the standard disc mate but up to you fella, also if you want a more reasuring pedal fell get braided brake lines this make such a difference and really give you confidence. so iv got standard disc,mintex pads on front and braided lines front and back and the awesome, hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts