Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i know these are cr ap vids from the iphone i will borrow a cam and do more,

but you may get the idea with headphones.

1st vid is a really quick cold start up stood a foot or so from the back from the back

2nd is a drive through a tunnel with a couple of pops, and some reving at stand still at the end, windows up untill the end...

3rd vid is some random tunnel , playing with throttle ect ect .... windows down

i know they are naff quality but i will get some done this weekend with a cam or something.

comments and abuse welcome.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Good idea to do those Scott. I have to say it doesnt sound as loud as I expected in the cabin. Lots of pops and bangs tho lol. Does it drone badly when cruising at 70mph?
70mph is as it was standard inside, unless your flooring it but cruising is fine

the drone is more at 1500rpm and on over run, rolling down hills and as you would expect its loud when in turbo.

i will get some better vids

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Good idea to do those Scott. I have to say it doesnt sound as loud as I expected in the cabin. Lots of pops and bangs tho lol. Does it drone badly when cruising at 70mph?
Ye me to, was expecting it to be very loud. Maybe it's just the recording device?

Op, would you say it's louder than what's been conveyed on the videos?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
70mph is as it was standard inside, unless your flooring it but cruising is fine

the drone is more at 1500rpm and on over run, rolling down hills and as you would expect its loud when in turbo.

i will get some better vids
Thanks Scott.

Scott do you have a decat, sportcat or racecat?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
it louder than the recording , the iphone doesnt pick up the main sound really, it seems to cancel it out a bit.

the only way to describe the noise is a really deep bellow/ecco sort of sound

if you know what i mean

its a de-can that i am running at the moment, with a miltek downpipe

if your local to clayton west/wakefield i would be more than happy to meet up
Thanks for offer Scott. Im in Doncaster mate but im sure we will bump into each other at a meet before long lol. Are you not going to the regional meal meeting at Willingham Woods on the 13th? Then the Lakes driveout with FordMeet on the 19th?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for offer Scott. Im in Doncaster mate but im sure we will bump into each other at a meet before long lol. Are you not going to the regional meal meeting at Willingham Woods on the 13th? Then the Lakes driveout with FordMeet on the 19th?
i havent planned on any meets so far but i will try and get to one or two this year.

i work over wakefield way thats all i was thinking.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Have you ever heard any other systems, like a mongoose, dream science or piper? Just wondering if you have, then how this compares to those.

·
Registered
622 Posts
When listening to the startup video, it does not sound as loud but then iPhone recording does not do it justice on PC I could make really loud but won't be true sound.

But sounds nice

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i know these are cr ap vids from the iphone i will borrow a cam and do more,

but you may get the idea with headphones.

1st vid is a really quick cold start up stood a foot or so from the back from the back

2nd is a drive through a tunnel with a couple of pops, and some reving at stand still at the end, windows up untill the end...

3rd vid is some random tunnel , playing with throttle ect ect .... windows down

i know they are naff quality but i will get some done this weekend with a cam or something.

comments and abuse welcome.
videos dont work for me....

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
That's why the Dreamscience zorst has the rear cans. Takes out some of the low rev drumming so motorway and urban driving is not so noisy.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you ever heard any other systems, like a mongoose, dream science or piper? Just wondering if you have, then how this compares to those.
I would say its louder than the mongoose and the dreamscience , not seen a piper in real life , ill get a good cam today and record it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice vid's Scott, looking forward to mine arriving now. I can sort of estimate how loud it's going to be from those videos, after compensating for the iPhone quality! Haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have just fitted one of these but only the cat back. It was a lot quieter than I expected. I can't decide if I should go for the decat or sports cat now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts