Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls i have just purchased my miltek down pipe and cat back exhaust.just want some advise really i want the car popping and banging the loudest that i can get it!
i no you cant pass an mot with a decat and not worried about it.just wondering if people are running decats and sports cats and could point me in the right direction.also can i just put the hole exhaust on from the turbo back running decat or sports cat without it being mapped?also is miltek the system that people would recomend?help needed just want the car as loud as i can get it
regards mick

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(st3 mick @ 21 Feb 2010, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys and girls i have just purchased my miltek down pipe and cat back exhaust.just want some advise really i want the car popping and banging the loudest that i can get it!
i no you cant pass an mot with a decat and not worried about it.just wondering if people are running decats and sports cats and could point me in the right direction.also can i just put the hole exhaust on from the turbo back running decat or sports cat without it being mapped?also is miltek the system that people would recomend?help needed just want the car as loud as i can get it
regards mick

MOT might not bother you but invalidating your insurance will

If you want it loud why didn't you go for the Piper or a custom cat back?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Get the DS cat its 100cell most others are 200, standard is 600 IIRC, I had a chat with Adam the owner of DS and he told me the 100cell is as good as a decat at full throttle but still stays road legal. Seems the best option all round.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
hey mick,
its down to you mate, alot people want to go for de-cat as it will give you the best performance/noise.
im just worried as you know around our way now theres a few police doing roadside checks on cars.
im just playing it safe and going for a sports-cat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the help think im going to just go for the miltek sports cat to be safe!it will still bang and pop lol!any one no if the dreamscience 100 cell sports cat will fit on the miltek system and are they any good?cheers mick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help every one been very helpfull!probs guna go down the dreamscience route as theres is a 100 cell which has the least restrictions regards mick

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
A couple of cars I know of went from decat to a sports cat and actually made more power on the RR as a result.

Presumably something with the turbo needing a little back-pressure to work at its best? Don't know the technicalities of it all really, but however you slice it, a sports cat is the way to go....

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have just a couple of days ago ordered my Miltek Downpipe, De-Cat, and non resonated Cat Back system should be here in about a week.

Canne wait lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts