Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just watched the above on CH4,ive decided that in my next life i want to come back as a "Gulfie".

You can watch now on CH4 +1 if you missed it,or google it for later viewings on 4seven etc.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just started watching - the supercar salesman had to admit he drives a Porsche Cayenne S, slightly embarrassed he says "it's like a Honda here to be honest..." - class!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Even as
, the copper at the end that seized the car
me off.
Gonna hunt him down at work tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even as
me off.
Sure i have seen him on Cops with Camera's last series up here in S/Yorks,he must have been relocated darn sarf and given a bike.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
How do we go about swapping London for oil rich country? Surely a online petition would get the ball rolling.

I wonder if anyone from youtube was watching because that lad will lose his partnership for breaching his contract by talking about the money he makes.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Was quite a good programme
I love my job in the summer driving around London doing deliveries and seeing all the supercars

I wonder if anyone from youtube was watching because that lad will lose his partnership for breaching his contract by talking about the money he makes.
His on board ferrari video hasn't quite got as many hits as he was hoping (744 at the minute
) ......................yet

·
Registered
988 Posts
Was quite a good programme
I love my job in the summer driving around London doing deliveries and seeing all the supercars

His on board ferrari video hasn't quite got as many hits as he was hoping (744 at the minute
) ......................yet

What a pair of

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
My thoughts were nice cars and whilst the guys driving did not seem as bad as they could have been (better thant the n0bs you get on the gunball TV shows etc.) I also understand how the residents and other people in London may not be amused by there driving style, lets say we drove like they were we would soon loose our licence.

I also wonder what would happen if they did kill someone (pedstrian stepped out form behind a range rover double parked outside harrods and hit by Lambo doing 60 in a 30) I doubt they would end up in the clink, with all their parents money they will get them off or cost the country £000,000's in a court case/appeals etc.

·
Registered
964 Posts
That copper was a right
head, he knew he was wrong as soon as the guy started showing his docs. 'Once the process has started it can't stop' = 'I know i am wrong but it's now too late'

However it did annoy me they could speed and no one batted an eye lid :/ I bet if i went down there popping and banging at that speed i'd be arrested! And that kid needs to learn to hold a camera still, rest on the dash or dig your arms into your body, couldn't see a thing!

Also, if any whinging pensioners do not like living there because of the noise, I will happily house swap for those couple of weeks

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Even as
me off.
If someone has illegal plates and you can not confirm the piece of paper claiming his insurance is real what would normally happen?

Also Lamborghini's of old used try and kill you when ever possible, I never knew the newer ones were self driving.

·
VIP
6,129 Posts
Aside from the toff residents they had on the programme there does exist a serious problem in and around that part of Knightsbridge in the summer. I'm very much a petrol head but revving and ragging supercars around residential streets like that is plain irresponsible.

I work around that area and its not just a few toff residents that are affected. The area is bustling with tourists and families what with Harrods and other large stores being there. The people that gather around the area with their cars cause massive congestion as well as causing the dangers as shown in the programme.

The noise is a genuine concern and I'm sure it affects plentry of other 'grounded' residents as well as business owners.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
If someone has illegal plates and you can not confirm the piece of paper claiming his insurance is real what would normally happen?
I am not in traffic, but I assume you would not start the process of seizing a car before you have even rung the insurance company! Also, you can de-arrest someone, so why can't you un-seize a car?!

Also I'm not sure the plate was even illegal. It was a Kuwait number plate and I'm certain the copper wouldn't know the correct number plate format/position.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I am not in traffic, but I assume you would not start the process of seizing a car before you have even rung the insurance company! Also, you can de-arrest someone, so why can't you un-seize a car?!

Also I'm not sure the plate was even illegal. It was a Kuwait number plate and I'm certain the copper wouldn't know the correct number plate format/position.
I believe the problem with the insurance was it was a Kuwait company and the officer had no way of calling them to confirm it with the cutbacks long distance call aren't allowed

I'm sure we have some traffic officers on here that could share there view on the illegal plate? I have no idea myself and am only going on what he said on the show.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts