Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys thinking of selling my 2010 stg3 focus Rs as I hardly ever use plus we are expecting our 3rd child so we won't all fit anyway

So I'm thinking of buying an st2 do you think I would be disappointed ?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
What's the point in buying a ST if you hardly use the RS? Why would you use the ST more when you're buying a Range Rover port for family use?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You'd essentially be selling a car you dont really use to buy another car you wont really use thats got considerably less power but will cost you roughly around the same kind of money that the RS does.

I'd keep the RS.

The ST is a great car, but I'm not sure I could go backwards to one.

You be better off asking Tiny. He's had both (I believe) and will be able to give you a litte more insight

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I wouldn't swap an rs for a st in fear of being disappointed , st is great car but rs is its bigger brother

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
You'd essentially be selling a car you dont really use to buy another car you wont really use thats got considerably less power but will cost you roughly around the same kind of money that the RS does.

I'd keep the RS.

The ST is a great car, but I'm not sure I could go backwards to one.

You be better off asking Tiny. He's had both (I believe) and will be able to give you a litte more insight
Don't do it.

Keep the RS or sell and move on to something else altogether. I went back to an ST, had it all of 4 and a half weeks before it went. Lovely car, just a major disappointment after the RS.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you are going to downgrade to an ST you might as well use it as a family car and for a bit of fun. While they are certainly no blue motion polos surely they are cheaper to run every day than a range rover sport.
Its the reason i brought an ST as its the best of both worlds in my opinion. It is practical and fun to drive. If i had the money though id have gone for an RS

·
Registered
609 Posts
get a mk3 estate, slap a bit of blue fin love on it.....job done. Range rovers are nice but im assuming being an RS owner you dont want the same as everyone else and thats exactly what u get with a range rover

·
Registered
342 Posts
My uncle has a tdv8 sport... Suprisingly nippy for a big car. Electrics are questionable though... Everytime i speak to him something else has stopped working! The latest was a stuck on rear brake!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
do you mean reliability ?
i sold my old focus st to get a big family car and bought an audi q7. missed the st like mad, couldnt get an rs due to been a 3 door , bought a fully spec'd st3 4 door and banked the changed.

and i dont like the mk3 because the noise just isnt good enough !

·
Registered
160 Posts
lot of people because of family sold a rs to be honest there a cracking car always been a ford rs fan but the st is smoother ride imo i found people up the
end of my old one trying to egg you on so got rid as it gets tiring after a bit people doing and i had one person do that pulled over let him go next thing he,s back up the end of it and worrying to death when parking it,the st 5 door a good family car hence why i went for one...really depends on preference but id have a rs but couldnt justify spending that money again and having it just as a status toy or sitting in a garage car to me is there to enjoy be used best thing with the st its good daily car
and maybe not quick as a rs but comfy and takes the state of britains roads a bit better and doesnt exactly hang about

1 - 20 of 26 Posts