Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those considering new boots, a worthwhile and rather informative 12mins & 24mins of viewing.

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,008 Posts
I haven’t watched the videos but will say tha PS4s are the best tyre I have ever had.
Was on track at RS Combe for half a day a few weeks back and the grip level was superb.
Funnily enough got 2 being fitted tomorrow from Blackcircles
Big (y) from me

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
197 Posts
I had a goodyear F1 on mine and even with it being like new when i had the car it was so noisy (like a dragging noise)
I was told PS4 was good and i get better grip and way lower noise from them from 5-60mph. I heard the mk2's was best on PS4's but all i've seem are budget ones being fitted and they moan when they need changing not long after.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,415 Posts
The mk3 was originally developed with Goodyear tyres, in 18” size, the suspension was tuned especially for them.

·
Premium Member
MK3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mk3 was originally developed with Goodyear tyres, in 18” size, the suspension was tuned especially for them.
I concur, there's the old adage 18"s are for go, 19"s are for show. Albeit entirely subjective, having tried both the PS4's and the Eagle F1's (18"s) my personal preference is the F1's. Without wishing to start controversy, for price, wet weather grip, feedback, wear rate, cabin noise and just the general overall feel, for me the F1's edge it.

·
Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, CP320
1,150 Posts
I have Goodyear and I can't fault them, still have 1 conti fitted which I'm trying to wear out, gosh it's a noisy ******.
Have heard very good things about the Mitchlins apart from the tyre cracking, so if you wear them out at a normal rate it won't be a problem

·
Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
1,114 Posts
Was tempted to try something different this time around (eagle f1 supersport was one option or the PS4 S) but stuck with PS4 and glad I did. It's not outstanding in any single area but it's an excellent all-round tyre. Also nice to have a tyre I know won't try to kill me in the wet.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts