Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
MK3.5 ST-2 (Frozen White)
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Owned this beauty for the past 2 weeks and what a car. It’s an ST-2 mk3.5

Still getting used to it and I think its still getting used to my driving style. You certainly don’t buy one of these for the mpg but it’s definitely a lot of smiles for the money and the looks people give you when you drive past will never get old. Only 35k on the clock and at one point in its life, it used to belong to forum member @Joelc81 I’d love to know more about the history of the car so @Joelc81, if you’re around, get in touch buddy.

I’ve got a list of things I’d like to do to it to ’tidy’ it up as follows:

1. White break calipers (I think this will look better than the red on it currently)
  2. Wind defenders
  3. Full set of mud flaps
  4. Full engine cover kit (white)
  5. Side Window Louvre’s (Maybe)
  6. Smoked Rear Lights
  7. ST Floor Mats
  8. Bonnet Vents
  9. Mountune exhaust
  10. Mountune induction kit
  11. MP275 upgrade
  12. New wheels
  13. Predator fog light covers
Upgrades/Mods completed:
  1. White mirror covers (wasn’t feeling the black look).
  2. White washer jets.
  3. White shark fin.
  4. Gas struts for bonnet.
  5. Matched full beam bulbs to 5000k main beam bulbs.
  6. New Ford badges front/back.
  7. New footwell lights.
  8. New illuminated door sills.
  9. Parcel shelf.
  10. Boot Struts for auto rising.
  11. RS Airbox upgrade.

The wheels have seen better days, certainly not been looked after by previous owners as they are badly curbed. Not sure if they are too far gone to be repaired or if I’ll have to get a new set but something I’ll look into at some point. Also need to get a new parcel shelf for it. Picked one up at a scrap yard for a fiver as it didn’t have one but that seen better days as well so it’ll do for now but will get a new one soon to finish it off.

Had its first bath today as was looking a bit grubby but shines up well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Changed the air filter today. Old one was K&N and it was black and rather disgusting:

Replaced with a Crossland one. Rather tight fit but the engine already seems to be breathing alot better:

whilst I had the bonnet up, changed the h7’s for a more whiter light as I feel standard bulbs are to yellow for my liking:

Also popped off the heat cover to get access to the washer jets so I could have a look at them and check out the connections.

This will be my next upgrade, new frozen white heated washer jets to blend in with the bonnet.

All in all, a good day I feel.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,421 Posts

Changed the air filter today. Old one was K&N and it was black and rather disgusting:
View attachment 903466

Replaced with a Crossland one. Rather tight fit but the engine already seems to be breathing alot better:
View attachment 903467

whilst I had the bonnet up, changed the h7’s for a more whiter light as I feel standard bulbs are to yellow for my liking:
View attachment 903468

Also popped off the heat cover to get access to the washer jets so I could have a look at them and check out the connections.

This will be my next upgrade, new frozen white heated washer jets to blend in with the bonnet.

All in all, a good day I feel.
Did you keep the k and n filter ? I’ve got the cleaning kit for them if you want it back on there ? 👍

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Come home today, and these have arrived, courtesy of Paintmodz:
Wood Rectangle Grey Flooring Beige

New frozen white washer jets, ready to be fitted tomorrow. Also ordered the frozen white mirror covers courtesy of Undergroundparts so will be looking to fit them next week once they arrive. Have also sourced 5000k H1’s to match the H7’s so its all a nice white light. Not sure if i should do the front fogs as well as they don’t really get used a great deal.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Black wheels go really well on white cars.
Yeah, wheels are on my list as these are badly scuffed but I dont know if its worth getting them redone or just getting a new set. I kinda like the anthracite look, not keen on solid black hence why I’m changing bits back to white on the car…….

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

So, the mirror covers arrived today along with the gas struts. Couldn’t wait until the weekend so have gone from this:
Automotive side-view mirror Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

To this:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Mirror Vehicle

The weekend’s job will just be the gas struts now :)

Been quoted £599 for the custom stainless steel exhaust which is by far, the best quote I have had so far. Just waiting for them to confirm availability to fit the car in and then I can look at getting this done. Need to find some good quality mud flaps as well. The old covers and washers jets will be available if anyone wants them. Might as well get a bit of money back on all these mods lol.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,770 Posts
Silver imho, is the most boring standard factory colour wheels available, pretty much every boring eurobox and japbox come out of the factory with silver, black is motorsport, moody and cool. 😎😁

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

Pollen filter done - out with the old and in with the new. Beginning to wonder if anyone has ever looked after this car.
Grille Rectangle Wood Gas Composite material

Just been treated to an oil change as well and that was black as well so all 3 filters now changed. Why do people not look after these cars??

1 - 20 of 115 Posts