Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if people are up for another meet?
I was thinking of getting the ST and RS guys together for a meet seeing as some of our former members have migrated to the RS side.
So who's around and up for one?
Was thinking that portlaoise wold be a good optioon again as it's fairly central.
If there's much interest i'll stick up a poll with possible dates

Mik

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK
I have been thinking and would people be up for learning how to detail your car properly?
I know I'm not great at keeping it clean but have recently got the urge to get the ST looking sparkly

So I happened across this site
http://www.detailer.ie/guides.php

Basically we could get a few of us together and get some advice from professionals on how to best clean and care for your paintwork.
Hopefully we could get a meet going and learn a few things...

If there is any interest I will get prices and dates organised.
Will be located in Dublin

Mik

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im a new st owner got a 09 one and luv it keep me posted about meets blue one by da way luv it
Good to hear it turbo - welcome along!

Anyway guys back to the detailing day, I have got the info now, sorry for the delay, was off on holidays

The format is as follows;

10.30AM - Introduction Presentation

We go through the theory behind washing, claying, polishing & waxing the car, using an overhead projector. The slides include pictures and video demonstrations.

11AM - Washing the car

12AM - Claying the car.

12.30PM - Refreshments Break (Sandwhiches, drinks, bars etc)

1PM - Introduction to Machine Polishing

Each participant will get their own panel on the car to try out the different machines, polishes & polishing pads. They will be closely watched and coached through the polishing process to ensure correct technique is picked up and the best results possible are achieved.

2PM - Waxing & Finishing Touches

2.30PM - Q&A

----------------------------------------------------------

Due to the nature of the Academy day, they can only cater for a maximum of 6 people.

The cost is €60 per person and includes use of the machines, products and lunch.
€20 deposit per person is required to secure a date.

This will be based at the detailer.ie premises in Dublin 15 and will be on a saturday.
So can interested members post here again please and I will stick up a poll and decide on a date.

I know I'm looking forward to it

Mik

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.