Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Well hello all Scotland South troops

I have been thinking about the subject of next years meets for a little while now,at the moment we have the Rolling Road day planned for February,a Crail meet around March/April time.

What I am wanting from you guys is your thoughts on other meets,obviously Karting has been a success at Falkirk in the past...in my opinion it is not just the type of meet that is the going to make it successful and get a decent turnout but I think the location is the key

I feel that there is a hardcore group of Scotland South members(you know who you are
) who will turn out for any meet but I want to see if there is a type/location of meet that will appeal to each of you.

Any ideas will be taken on board and as always any member is free to organise a meet at any time

One idea I will put to you all is the Modified Live Show at Knockhill Circuit on May 16th 2010

http://www.modifiedlive.co.uk/

Si(thestumper) has been in contact with the relevant parties to ask about a club stand for the Oulton Park venue in April and the Knockhill venue is something I have considered for all us

I would really like to know if anybody wants a meet before the Rolling Road day,I am certainly up for it,it always good to get together for a bit chat if nothing else

A monthly meet like some of our Southern cousins do successfully is an another plan...

Well thanks for reading guys and girls,if you feel you do not want to post up any of your own thoughts/ideas for a meet you can always drop me a PM

Thanks again

Jimmy

EDIT - I have pinned this topic for now

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
QUOTE(waito @ 22 Dec 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Kames was good.Plus we won best visiting club,i think.Would be up for Kames again

Think your right Steven, we need to get that title back

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(StornowayST @ 22 Dec 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cars n Rides at Loudoun sound great to this new boy ... My live in Stornoway but family in Kilmarnock ...When is it ?
Its in June mate,not sure on the exact date,but will find out

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple of good ideas already...

We did win Best Visiting Car Club at Kames earlier this year,Allan and myself stayed back for the presentation...they even took a mugshot of Allan for the mag feature...it did not appear in the feature though

That Loudoun Castle looks a nice place

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I really enjoyed the bowling meet we had the other month and the gruesome twosome had a great time too plus it wasnt too far for me to go. I dont mind what gets planned obviously i will not be able to the Karting due to my back but im game for just about everything else. Tho think we should get a wee run planned in summer to try out some of those ayrshire and stewartry roads that meet each other ie down the coast to girvan then across to barhill then either down to Newton Stewart or across to New Galloway and back up to Ayr. All seriously good fun on a lovely summers evening......

·
Registered
647 Posts
How about a summer trip over to visit us (BFG Forum) in Germany next year for a few laps of the Ring ??, we could help organise it too if you like ??

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Sus @ 22 Dec 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I really enjoyed the bowling meet we had the other month and the gruesome twosome had a great time too plus it wasnt too far for me to go. I dont mind what gets planned obviously i will not be able to the Karting due to my back but im game for just about everything else. Tho think we should get a wee run planned in summer to try out some of those ayrshire and stewartry roads that meet each other ie down the coast to girvan then across to barhill then either down to Newton Stewart or across to New Galloway and back up to Ayr. All seriously good fun on a lovely summers evening......

Another good idea Sus...

Somebody with better local knowledge of the roads and routes would be better setting this one up though...hint hint

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Tippex ST @ 22 Dec 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How about a summer trip over to visit us (BFG Forum) in Germany next year for a few laps of the Ring ??, we could help organise it too if you like ??

A good idea mate

But the Ring personally is not my thing...I live near Knockhill and would not take the
on there either...If I was to be going on a track it would be in a track car...only my opinion though I realise track days are very popular

I think a trip to BFG/Ring is a good idea but to ensure decent numbers I think it would be better if it was a National/forum wide meet so then numbers may be guaranteed

Up here our round trip could be 1000 miles longer than say a member on the South Coast of England,that in itself and the extra cost involved would put a lot of Scottish members off....

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Think it would need two heads Jimmy one from ayrshire and one from here and you guys all know how good i am at getting lost do you all really want to take the chance on me
planning a route!!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Girvan to Newton Stewart road is a bit
on the best of days but the scenery is nice i must admit. Plus if you go down the A77/M77 from Ayr you have got the dreaded specs speed cameras but i suppose the coast road would be a good option plenty of places to stop and take pics if required. If it is scenery you want the Ayr to Castle Douglas road is a good one with good scenery as well. Me personally if i get to go to Dastek in Febuary will be coming home over the "Devils Beeftub" on the Moffat to Edinburgh road stunning in any weather lots of twisty roads and beautiful backdrops.

stu

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(SL270 @ 22 Dec 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Girvan to Newton Stewart road is a bit
on the best of days but the scenery is nice i must admit. Plus if you go down the A77/M77 from Ayr you have got the dreaded specs speed cameras but i suppose the coast road would be a good option plenty of places to stop and take pics if required. If it is scenery you want the Ayr to Castle Douglas road is a good one with good scenery as well. Me personally if i get to go to Dastek in Febuary will be coming home over the "Devils Beeftub" on the Moffat to Edinburgh road stunning in any weather lots of twisty roads and beautiful backdrops.

stu
Devils Beeftub,is that the A703?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Maybe another idea would be a nice scenic drive along the coast up here, Largo, Elie, Anstruther, Crail, St Andrews, etc, obviously in the better weather. Could maybe even go up to Arbroath, Montrose, or even higher way and get the North section involved?? Some stunning roads and scenery up that way.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(xrt @ 22 Dec 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe another idea would be a nice scenic drive along the coast up here, Largo, Elie, Anstruther, Crail, St Andrews, etc, obviously in the better weather. Could maybe even go up to Arbroath, Montrose, or even higher way and get the North section involved?? Some stunning roads and scenery up that way.

Another decent idea

·
Registered
484 Posts
kames was class lol. this time i wont be in a fez lol.
how about a day at xscape e.g. lunch, bowling, lazer tag, pool etc?
kartings always a winner.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts