Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set of McGard 24157 locking wheel nuts for my 2009 ST3, these do not look right, the cone face is narrower than the orignals.I thought 24212 were the right ones, asked if i had been sent to wrong ones and was told they are sending out 24157 now as people have had trouble getting the key to fit in the hole when 24212's are fitted, which nuts are the correct ones?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
As long as you have a complete set of bolts and locks, they are the correct length (approx) and they are the correct bolt size and thread pitch you will find they will fit no problem.

Not sure what is standard fitment out the ford factory is though, What was wrong with your old set that came with the car?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 16 Dec 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As long as you have a complete set of bolts and locks, they are the correct length (approx) and they are the correct bolt size and thread pitch you will find they will fit no problem.

Not sure what is standard fitment out the ford factory is though, What was wrong with your old set that came with the car?
I seem to remember a long time back getting a set of McGards for my ST170 and they weren't right, they didn't have the extra bevel washers like the standard nuts have, and nut to wheel surface mating contact was very poor. Got my money back if i remember and got the 24212's which are now fitted on my ST with no problems for the locking key fitting.

Can't say if the fitment of the new ones you have is right, if they don't have the same sized washers on them and only partially contact the coned surface on the wheel I'd be sending them back pronto.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 16 Dec 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As long as you have a complete set of bolts and locks, they are the correct length (approx) and they are the correct bolt size and thread pitch you will find they will fit no problem.

Nothing wrong with the set that came with the car just wanted the extra security of the McGard SL NUTS, but the 24157SL nuts I have been sent do not appear to be the right ones, and just wanted to know what was the number of the McGards people were fitting to standard ST 2009 wheels?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 17 Dec 2009, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a set of 24137SU fitted . They have no washer either but are able to accept the longer studs on the Eibach spacers ...
Do the nuts still have decent contact area with the cone's in the wheels? I'd rather spend half an hour (or so) cutting studs down than sacrifice how the nuts fit up against the wheels.

Tho I take it yours haven't fallen off so can't be that bad
lol

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 17 Dec 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They seem fine at the moment Troy , the contact area is smaller than the standard ones , but they seem to seat pretty well ....
Out of interest I've been looking into locking nuts again for different wheels etc....checking the McGard website they don't seem to list the 24137SU's you've got

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,086 Posts
Here you go Troy ....taken from the Mcgards Site . The designation Su is missing but these are the ones i have fitted . Not had any trouble yet. They are the ones in red text
......They were a special order and took 3 weeks to arrive . These guys sorted me out

http://www.wheel-locks.co.uk/

Attachments

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 17 Dec 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do the nuts still have decent contact area with the cone's in the wheels? I'd rather spend half an hour (or so) cutting studs down than sacrifice how the nuts fit up against the wheels.

Tho I take it yours haven't fallen off so can't be that bad
lol

Ive got the 24137 as well! They were recommended by Gary @ Profile after i had the APs fitted! The better half got them for me for christmas lol!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 20 Jan 2010, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here you go Troy ....taken from the Mcgards Site . The designation Su is missing but these are the ones i have fitted . Not had any trouble yet. They are the ones in red text
......They were a special order and took 3 weeks to arrive . These guys sorted me out

http://www.wheel-locks.co.uk/
Cheers mate - I found them in the end listed on McGard.com but not on the European site. Problem could be finding other brands of wheel nuts which match up to those, or back to the hacksaw plan. Not made a decision yet with spacers, depends which wheels I go for...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts