Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posting on behalf of Chris st,

basically the car cuts out when accelerating sometimes,but if he switches the ignition off,then back on again all is back to normal.

no engine warning lights come on,just basically dies like you've just took the key out

could it be the Maf sensor?

any ideas or help welcome

cheers,

Stu

p.s. he did have the Pumabuild re-map put on about a month ago,but no other mods done.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes the dash lights are on. Almost like when u turn the ignition on. get fault code sayin somethin like engine fault and acceleration reduced. Turn the ignition on and off and it resets itself. Almost like there is a dry joint on a power pack or a faulty earth wire?? Help please as this is starting to annoy the hell out of me and want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 25 Nov 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Give Gary at profile a ring Chris, i'm sure he mentioned on another post it could be the sign of an unhappy MAF sensor?

I thought it could of been that as i have had it remapped as well at pumabuild. but then its happened when accelerating and when i went over a bump but that could of just been a coincidence (spelling)

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE(vladSTer @ 25 Nov 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>does it rev erratically?

I had engine cutting out when crankshaft position sensor got damaged. Same messages were displayed too. Did you have clutch work done recently?

No, No revs erratically and no clutch work matey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts