Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Today my good friend Andy (ST-666) helped by Colinod (Colin) fitted my new Mongoose exhaust. My st has magnex dp standard cat and powerflow cat back. It took pretty much all day with Andy only stopping for a quick lunch break. The bolts were so rusted that we had to use 2 sizes smaller racket head and hack saw the majority off. We didnt attempt the dp bolts as the are firmly seezed on there. Im gonna leave that to the js boys next month when they do the blockmod.

So turbo back exhaust with magnex dp remaining, new mongoose decat and rear section fitted. Mongoose dp will go on at js next month.

They sound is truely amazing and I defo made the right choice. Massive thanks to Andy for sorting it. Massive thanks also to Mike for donating his rs plugs as Im awaiting a set in the post and thanks to Colin for for his help today also.

A few pics of the day, with Colin fitting his rs plugs too.

Some of you know I've had a boost issue for a long time and the new exhaust has defo helped solve this boost comes in sooner and stronger. The car no longer feels strangled and feels alive. Only downside is Im now experiencing what I beleive is clutch slip I dont thibk it was wheelspin esp didnt flash and was in 5th simetimes 6th when it did seem to slip.

Theres always something....

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
My cat back took us 8 hours to fit! The nuts were so rusty they'd actually started to peel like an onion. Pretty shocking on a 5 year old car tbh, my 20 year old Nissan was nowhere near as bad. Still, it's done now

Also, I thought the Magnex and Mongoose downpipes were the same?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top blokes

My cat back took us 8 hours to fit! The nuts were so rusty they'd actually started to peel like an onion. Pretty shocking on a 5 year old car tbh, my 20 year old Nissan was nowhere near as bad. Still, it's done now

It was a nightmare but Andy got it done

Yeah same dp but I bought brand new turbo back so wanted all the same. Magnex 3" dp going on sale soon

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts

They are

Thats the funny bit

·
Registered
346 Posts
Makes me glad I'm a technician. When I fitted my DS, start to finish was an hour. And the nuts had to be cut off lol
I don't envy anyone grafting under a car on their back !! :salut:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Can't beat working in this weather! If somethings not going to plan u don't reach boiling point - but when things don't go to plan in the heat, u get to boiling point and beyond! Or maybe..... I just love cold weather! LOL

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't beat working in this weather! If somethings not going to plan u don't reach boiling point - but when things don't go to plan in the heat, u get to boiling point and beyond! Or maybe..... I just love cold weather! LOL
When we doing my clutch then

1 - 20 of 48 Posts