Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this is my local paper,

I have driven past this car a few times as it is parked in the driveway on a main road.

A MASKED gang burst into a St Helens home and threatened a man and woman before stealing their car and jewellery.

The four thugs targeted the house on Jubits Lane in Sutton Manor just after 7pm on Thursday.

Wearing dark clothing with their faces concealed, they made their way into rear of the property.

They confronted the occupants and threatened them, say police.

The men then searched the address and took the car keys and jewellery.

The burglars fled the scene and stole the car, an orange high powered Ford Focus.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Carr said: "We take crimes of this nature extremely seriously and are determined to bring those responsible to justice.

"Being a victim of burglary is particularly upsetting as it is an invasion of your home and personal property.

"We are thoroughly investigating these matters and will do our utmost to catch those responsible.

"While we have seen a number of these type of incidents recently I would like to reassure the public we are determined to tackle this problem for the long term by putting a number of initiatives in place.

"We are determined to track down and arrest these men, who have committed extremely serious offences. Any information about these burglaries will be treated in confidence.

"Please contact us or Crimestoppers if you have information which you think could help."

Anyone with any information, or who witnessed anything suspicious, is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Link to the article

·
Registered
497 Posts
QUOTE(gwilkinson @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came across this is my local paper,

I have driven past this car a few times as it is parked in the driveway on a main road.

A MASKED gang burst into a St Helens home and threatened a man and woman before stealing their car and jewellery.

The four thugs targeted the house on Jubits Lane in Sutton Manor just after 7pm on Thursday.

Wearing dark clothing with their faces concealed, they made their way into rear of the property.

They confronted the occupants and threatened them, say police.

The men then searched the address and took the car keys and jewellery.

The burglars fled the scene and stole the car, an orange high powered Ford Focus.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Carr said: "We take crimes of this nature extremely seriously and are determined to bring those responsible to justice.

"Being a victim of burglary is particularly upsetting as it is an invasion of your home and personal property.

"We are thoroughly investigating these matters and will do our utmost to catch those responsible.

"While we have seen a number of these type of incidents recently I would like to reassure the public we are determined to tackle this problem for the long term by putting a number of initiatives in place.

"We are determined to track down and arrest these men, who have committed extremely serious offences. Any information about these burglaries will be treated in confidence.

"Please contact us or Crimestoppers if you have information which you think could help."

Anyone with any information, or who witnessed anything suspicious, is asked to call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Link to the article

Shocking, totaly shocking

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was robbed on the 2nd of jan. Masked gun men robbed my pub and then left in my ST after PuttIng a gun to my head and asking for the keys. The guys that robbed me were caught drivng mine the next day. I work in Wigan which is 5 mins from St helens.

It is really scarey how these robberies are becoming more common. My heart goes out to anybody who this ever happens to

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(5tew ST2 @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was robbed on the 2nd of jan. Masked gun men robbed my pub and then left in my ST after PuttIng a gun to my head and asking for the keys. The guys that robbed me were caught drivng mine the next day. I work in Wigan which is 5 mins from St helens.

It is really scarey how these robberies are becoming more common. My heart goes out to anybody who this ever happens to

Jesus christ thats bad. Makes you really worried reading these!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I also live in that general area, and about 12 months ago, when I owned an Astra VXR, I was waiting at the lights on the East Lancs (for those that know the area), and the driver of a car, who was definitely about to go straight on, visibly changed his mind and swerved to a stop behind me.

As I watched in my mirror I saw him get on the mobile phone to somebody, and then he started to follow me. At first I wondered if it really was just coincidence, but then when I turned off and started to drive through some housing estates with him still following, I knew that he definitely WAS following me; no doubt hoping to see me pull onto my drive.

I must admit, I did get some pleasure in giving him the run-around for a bit until he twigged that I was onto him and duly turned off.

The moral being, lads and lasses, be VERY careful who is following you home !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.