Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Been trying to remove the Map Reading Bulbs, however can't get them out. I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm if the bulbs are twist or pull? (replacing them with LED's).

Already changed number plate (white LED's) and interior bulbs (red LED's)

Thanks

Gjlatz

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
If it's the lights in the submarine unit , its far easier to take the hole unit out of the roof mounting . From there the holder can be removed by twisting it , then the 501 type bulb pulls out.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Or if you have the hands and fingers of a little girl like me you can pull them out without taking off the housing

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 1 Mar 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Or if you have the hands and fingers of a little girl like me you can pull them out without taking off the housing

I did try that way and managed to snap the end clean of the bulb
. But then i do have base ball mitts for hands

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
That could have hurt! Think I might try your way, to be honest it took me about 15mins to the get the bulb back in!

·
Registered
694 Posts
after messing about for 10 minutes or so trying to get my bulbs out i got a small pair of long nose pliers and they came out no probs.... pushed others in then had to try and get them out again cos they were wrong way round as the LED bulbs i put in only work one way round

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
What type of led did you go for i know they are 501's but on ace parts they had two types of white, one was a wide spread, and the other was more direct beam just thought i would ask, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts